Crowds... seem bigger this year?

In the 70's, the first show was usually Memorial Day weekend and the last show was early September. Based on my "Drum Corps News" reading, there could be 7-10 shows each Saturday and Sunday. But, there weren't many weekday shows until DCI brought in touring. So, about 20 shows a week(using the maximum #) over 13 weeks. That's about 260 competitions.

Wow, that must have been something. Could anyone imagine DCP trying to run 20 show threads every Saturday and Sunday? Seems like we can barely handle three around here.

I just used what I could find online, according to Northern Thunder though, there were a lot more shows. So yeah, probably 2 to 3x as many shows is entirely possible. The season did also seem to run quite a bit longer. I saw shows from May to September, instead of just June to August like now

As recent as 05 or so we had more shows it seems. The loss of DCM cost a lot of midwest shows.

How many fans watched DCI on Fan Network or in the movie theaters or viewed shows on Youtube in the 1960's, 1970's and 80s?

I did. But then again, I had a Secret Window Into The Future. :ph34r:

How many fans watched DCI on Fan Network or in the movie theaters or viewed shows on Youtube in the 1960's, 1970's and 80s?

Why would you bother with an inferior, televised/recorded experience if there were plenty of opportunities to see local, live performances?

I was afraid Sunday in Allentown would have hurt Friday and Saturday, but it didn't seem to. if it is up, thats very cool.

Great turnout at Allentown all 3 nights. Friday and Saturday night crowd were electric for all corps even BD! A few hoots when BAC bested Madison and BD beat Crown but not that bad. SCV Friday got the best reaction of the weekend by far.