CONGRATS TO SCVC!

Didn't see this thread started and since I know the kids read this, I think they deserve it! What a cool show! :thumbup:/>

Congrats to BDB and Genesis placing 2nd and 3rd respectively also!

Congrats to the rest of the Open Class Field, thanks for the wonderful 2013 season!! Looking forward to 2014 :smile:/>

• Like 7

BDB has a very good show, and they deserved their victories over SCVC when I saw them at Kalamazoo and Avon Lake, so to me that makes SCVC's victory all the more impressive. Well done!

And eight corps above 85? (So close, Raiders!) First time since 2010. Five corps above 90? First time since 2008. Based on what I saw at Avon Lake, very well deserved. The improvement the Open Class corps can make in ten days (from Kalamazoo) on their shorter and admittedly less difficult shows is amazing.

• Like 1

Loved SCVC last year, didn't get a chance to see them this year. Congrats on the win!!

Lucky enough to see them early season at Stanford.....and I had a feeling the show was something special, even then! :thumbup: Really excited for the corps and everyone involved! CONGRATULATIONS SCVC....well-deserved champions!! :thumbup:

This was my first year seeing SCVC (Erie, PA) and I honestly loved their show! I've been an SCV homer since '74 and so many things in SCVC's show gave off that "big corps" vibe.

Congrats!!!!!

I just got a chance to watch their performance from DCI West on FN (thanks FN for having next to no Open Class Shows.......) but I am extremely impressed with how good this show is. And this is from June... I cannot wait to see them tomorrow during Prelims!

Add my congratulations to SCVC, and the entire Open Class field. Looking forward to catching them on the free FN feed in the morning before the cinema event.

I would also remind those expressing their congratulations that this forum is open all season. Please come and share your thoughts and join the discussion on a regular basis. Show the love to the Open Class all year.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was sitting right on the 50 behind the DM, watching BDB and thinking to myself...oh my God, they are good...OMG they are good...omg, good. When the SCVC DM gave his salute I yelled out "Our Turn!" and got a little wink from him, and then I saw up close and personal just what they were capable of. Congratulations SCVC from the A corps class of 1986!