Chat Room for Prelims and Semis!

Yeah, this one is over (it's been over since San Antonio, really). Crown's drums aren't going to gain enough ground to cover the gap and there just isn't enough room to improve much of anywhere else for Crown.

Where's my BS flag? And I don't mean Blue Stars. It ain't over yet by a long shot.

• Like 4

After looking at recaps some thoughts:

Niebauer gave much lower scores than the other GE visual judge. A bit concerning that Niebauer had Crown outperforming their content.

Allison's GE Music score for Crown: WOW. First 100. But noticed the same trend here where Allison gave much higher scores than did the other GE music judge. I genuinely wonder why there's such an inconsistency? Are they judging 2 different things?

Crown was hit really hard in content for visual analysis.. Has that happened before or is it just the judge?

If Crown wants to stay as close to BD as possible, they need to stay on par with BD's guard.

Crown's percussion score... ouch. Madison's line beat them. 7th overall isn't going to cut it.

Sorry that my post mainly concentrated on Crown and BD, I just find it so exciting that it's anyone's win at the top. You can probably tell I'm a Crown supporter but good luck to both corps it's going to be an exciting semis and finals night :)

It looks like Crown is still getting scored well in the MA caption despite a seventh place percussion score. They absolutely should not be over BD or Cadets.

• Like 2

10 99's and 1 100 on the recap. It's still Thursday, right?

Where's my BS flag? And I don't mean Blue Stars. It ain't over yet by a long shot.

I don't want it to be, but it really, really is. I've seen this song and dance many times before.

[insert obligatory "BUT PHANTOM 2008!" here]

• Like 1

Giese has been one of Crown's worst judges this year. Consistently dumps them in visual. Torchia is the other one and she judges tomorrow night. I was shocked at Allison's scores because he's been honking pretty hard for Cadets lately and he put Crown on top. REALLY shocked by that.

Crown needs to get over 95 in both percussion subcaptions. BD won't score perfect 100's and that's all they need to do is close down the percussion gap by a few tenths. I think the other scores will be there on Finals night.

• Like 1

[blue Devils'] Best performance of the season. I thought they had the best brass of the night'

It's going to be hard to unseat BD. When push comes to shove, they do more things better than anyone else.

Peace; bonne chance à tous,

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5
  • Like 3

Lost respect for Allison this year after hearing how opinionated he is about certain shows. Told SCV that Broadway is nice, but shouldn't win. Also told BD that since he doesn't "get" their show, he wont give them the points. That's bad judging, no matter who you are. Anyone else notice how much he profiles the Rep box for every show he doesnt like? (SCV,BD,Cavies,etc)

Thank goodness for the corps that he's not going to call finals again this year... thumbdown.gif

Wow,

I just noticed that he DID do that for every corps. ...and look at the perfect Crown got in performance ( GE Music)

Activist judge? Thing is, I would agree that some shows don't deserve the High Rep scores, but it would be different one's than he. Hence MY constant complaining on here that those sub captions are too subjective.

Not complaining really, just pointing out that there's something going on here.

If you finish 7th in percussion, you don't deserve a title. Period.

Sir, the 1984 Cadets are on the phone for you, they'd like to have a word

• Like 5