Have I missed something

Brad also announced Open Class Prelims and Finals this past Monday and Tuesday.

It's not just announcing anymore. One has to be coached by corps staff as to the correct timing and verbage of the announcement.

It adds nothing.

I wish we would go back to "Drum Majors - is your corps ready?"

"So-and-so, you may enter the field of competition."

I'm glad they don't talk that much anymore. That also added nothing to the show. ph34r.gif

Edited by HiddenMonster
  • Like 1

Please explain why. I hope this is a terrible joke.

I & a few others have talked about this before. Brandt used to speak clearly & in a regular understandable manner. For many years now he has gone to a more overly dramatic & raspy/warbly announcing style that is just terrible. If you aren't sure what I mean, listen to him announce the "Phaaaaaaaaantommmmm Regiment" & you'll see what I mean. At least I haven't had to hear him announce me favorite corps this year!

I have great memories of hearing Brandt say "On the starting line, from Madison Wisconsin, the Madison Scouts", & the crowd going wild. Not sure why he changed his style.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Like 3

B. Crocker was also absent for the 1986 and 1987 championships. I've always wondered why. They used the (just awful) man who did Preview '91---when 2nd place was booed (Star beat Cavies), he YELLED, "Ladies and Gentlemen, that was uncalled for!" haha

I wrote about this years ago: when (The) Cavaliers won their first title in 1992, he read their score, repeated their score and absolutely SCREEEEEAMMMMMED, "THE CAVALIERS!" It sounded like he started crying, too. I still think he either had a son march Cavs or was one himself. He's *never* thrown that kind of emotion into it before or since. Oh yeah, when (The) Cavaliers won in 2002, he made it a point to say, "Receiving the Gold Medal.... Undefeated.... He didn't do that with BD 94, 09, 10, 12 (14, 15, 16, 17, 18....) or Cadets' 00. He's (The) homer, I think.

I wish I knew how to make a sound byte of 1992 and post it here. But I do not.

• Like 2

I thought Brandt was a Troopers homer?

I just saw the post about Brandt falling ill. I wish him a speedy return to good health.

I have always wondered why they don't announce the winner, rather than who finished in second place. Every other scored competition that I can think of does it this way. American Idol, etc...

Edited by FlamMan