Scores?

Surprise scores of the night for me are Madison and BK. Madison 2 pointed Boston...wow. 12th place guard hurts but huge props to them not quitting. 6th place percussion, yowza. BK, who saw passing Boston coming? Crazy good season with postions 1-10 not even close to cemented. Awesome year!

Thursday 08/08/2013

1. 97.20 Blue Devils

2. 97.05 Carolina Crown

3. 96.10 The Cadets

4. 95.50 Santa Clara Vanguard

5. 92.90 Bluecoats

6. 92.35 Phantom Regiment

7-Tie 89.90 – Cavaliers and Madison Scouts

9. 88.05 – Blue Knights

10. 87.95 – Boston Crusaders

11. 86.75 – Spirit of Atlanta

12. 85.50 – Blue Stars

13. 83.75 - Crossmen

14. 83.60 - Troopers

15. 81.45 – Pacific Crest

16. 81.40 - Colts

17. 79.25 - Mandarins

18. 78.45 - Oregon Crusaders

19. 78.20 - Vanguard Cadets

20. 77.75 – Blue Devils B

21. 77.45 - The Academy

22. 74.55 - Jersey Surf

23. 73.75 - Genesis

24. 72.80 - Spartans

25. 71.55 - Music City

26. 69.95 - Gold

27. 69.85 - Cascades

28. 69.05 – Pioneer

29. 68.40 - Legends

30. 67.00 - 7th Regiment

31. 64.90 - Raiders

32. 63.10 - Colt Cadets

33. 60.90 - Taipei Yuefu

34. 58.25 - Les Stentors

35. 55.60 - Racine Scouts

36. 52.00 - Blue Saints

Lots of REALLY high scores it seems like for Prelims at the top. BD got 99/99 from one judge in GE Visual as well as 99/99 in Guard. Crown got a 99/99 in Music Analysis and a 98/100 from Joe Allison in GE Music.

The brass judge left plenty of room for scores to go up, on the other hand. Crown got a 19.3, and I think they'd previously gotten a 19.5, IIRC.

Lots of REALLY high scores it seems like for Prelims at the top.

Nah, they're low. Avg winning Prelims score since 2000 (basically the same system) is 97.57. Lowest was 2000 (96.70); highest was 2002 (98.70).

Since BD performed last and managed only a .15 spread (including the 0.5 net in drums), the Fat Lady won't appear until after 10pm Saturday. Unless, of course, they win by 1.5 tonight.

Don't forget: Star won 1992 Prelims by 0.7 and "bronzed out" 2 nights later. I bet a friend that BD wins semis and the Champs are Crown AND Cadets. I laid $5 on what he deemed a "40 to 1 shot." How can I not?!?cool.gif

Edited by Tad_MMA

But something tells me that Boston in the Quarters did not realize that baby powder was not permitted on the frield of competition, so they took the penalty not realizing it can't be utilized. But maybe someone close to the Corps could chime in on the baby powder penalty and if Boston staff was unaware of the prohibition of the use of baby powder in competition, and that its useage would result in a 1 point penalty.

The way some of BAC's vis staff reacted after learning about the penalty also makes me think they didn't know. They used the effect in at least 2 other shows without penalty. That said, I'm surprised that nobody on the staff is aware of the "no powder" rule, or didn't check it out with DCI beforehand.

I also think they won't use it tonight. They need to see where they stack up against Madison & Cavies, who would have still 1-pointed them without the penalty. But if it looks like they can't catch them on Sat, I'd bet the "no gava" way and say they put the effect back in, better than ever!

Surprise scores of the night for me are Madison and BK. Madison 2 pointed Boston...wow. 12th place guard hurts but huge props to them not quitting. 6th place percussion, yowza. BK, who saw passing Boston coming? Crazy good season with postions 1-10 not even close to cemented. Awesome year!

BK only passed Boston because Boston got that one point penalty. If it weren't for that penalty, Boston would have won over BK by like almost a point. :satisfied:

Stupid penalties. :rolleyes:

The way some of BAC's vis staff reacted after learning about the penalty also makes me think they didn't know. They used the effect in at least 2 other shows without penalty. That said, I'm surprised that nobody on the staff is aware of the "no powder" rule, or didn't check it out with DCI beforehand.

I also think they won't use it tonight. They need to see where they stack up against Madison & Cavies, who would have still 1-pointed them without the penalty. But if it looks like they can't catch them on Sat, I'd bet the "no gava" way and say they put the effect back in, better than ever!

This is my thinking as well. Take the powder out tonight and if they're still too far back of Madison, put it back in for finals. Me personally, I'd just leave it in. Who cares about the penalty. It's dumb anyway.

RE: Boston - with all of the other crap on the field these days, I can't believe they get a 1 point penalty for pouring baby powder on their heads.

RE: Blue Devils - I suppose I understand their placement, as they do a really good job of moving those poles around the field and throwing guard equipment onto the field to nobody in particular on the 3 occasions (flags, rifles and those red balls) that I saw. :huh:/>

You missed the fact that Boston had a 1 point penalty...And if you're a betting man/woman, you won’t see that happen over the next two nights. Furthermore, I'm not so sure things are going to stay the same in regards to 9-7 over the next two nights. If Madison were to claim 7th by time the dust settles Saturday night, they will have pulled off a virtual miracle (which would be fine by me).

BK only passed Boston because Boston got that one point penalty. If it weren't for that penalty, Boston would have won over BK by like almost a point. :satisfied:/>

Stupid penalties. :rolleyes:/>

Yeah, i posted that not knowing about the penalty. Still not real clear as to what specifically happend other than they used baby powder and were penalized a point. Sounds kind of silly.