Has MIM Buffalo damaged DCI's image in new and resurgent markets o

Arriving at 6:45 for a 7ish show is not very prudent on your part and being physical with ushers is not very cool either. You are lucky you didn't get ejected from the entire event...

Show started at 7:30 not 7. 45 minutes to get in and seated should have been plenty of time.

Boy it seems that Buffalo was a fluster cuck all the way around ... and DCI has done nothing but point the finger ... wow.

While rare I defend anything G7, DCI doesn't always have control over the stadium. So if the stadium wanted to cut costs and only have workers available for one gate, that's beyond DCI's control. Remember the Ralph is an NFL stadium, owned privately, and expenses are theirs, so they may just go and do what they feel is cost effective for THEIR needs.

I agree that sucks, but it is life.

as for the video stuff, well....I would say from here on out, don't run FN events where you have no control

I'm glad someone has picked up this thread. I posted on another thread about this disgracefully run abortion of a show! My party was screwed out of 25% of the show due to inept gate management. Who is responsible for this ?

• Like 1

Arriving at 6:45 for a 7ish show is not very prudent on your part and being physical with ushers is not very cool either. You are lucky you didn't get ejected from the entire event...

Read again - anthem at 7:30. Parking and gates are sufficient to cover 80000 in 15 min.

I wonder if the problems the OP discussed is what kept the Buffalo event from successfully returning to the DCI calendar until this season after a couple of abortive attempts in the last couple of years.

This is just an assumption, but I believe so. Aside from the VERY agitated cadets families, the remainder were very naive about drum corps. Just think of all that future revenue lost!

Edited by 13strokeroll

only one gate open, two turnstiles operating, yeah it was fubar.

It's totally unacceptable, don't care which way the fingers are pointing, in a mexican standoff everybody loses.

I heard they built Ralph Wilson Stadium with more than one gate, someone should have mentioned it to the lessor and lessee.

Staff at the gate were not unpleasant, I was one of the last in (arrived mid afternoon) and the staff could have been really stressed by then so congrats to them for holding it together. MANAGEMENT ON ALL SIDES ARE TOTALLY TO BLAME FOR CHEATING ME OUT MY TICKET MONEY. Didn't mean to have all caps on, but it does look kinda nice.

Thankfully Phantom, SCV, etc. erased the bad taste I was carrying.

Someone has to bring some sanity to all this 'security' crap. No one is blowing up any stadium in Buffalo for any reason, certainly not a drum corps show. I get the sense that each jurisdiction has to out perform every other in new ways to inconvenience everyone else with their 'gotta be safe' nightmare inducing schemes.

Oh, it took 10 minutes to cross the border, all lanes open and hundreds of cars lined up. they're doing something right.

Regards,

John

Nicely said, even if you're on the wrong side of the Blue Water. Wink.

I was there, and luckily got in ok compared to everyone else, I guess. I got out of my car at about 6:55. I parked parallel to Abbott Rd and I guess there was the large line to get in that went back towards the field house (which I couldn't even see until I got up to the gate), but a 2nd line that I was in that was like around the side of the stadium. It was going slow and then they seemed to have us come around really fast as they had more security. When I went in, there were at least 6-8 security personnel, but only 4-5 ticket scanners. I don't know if my whole line was moved ahead or what they did, but I was only in line for like 20-25 minutes. Maybe some of the extra people they brought over when I got up to the gate then had to go to other assignments in the stadium?

I didn't see anyone getting frisked. They had metal detector wands. I only brought a small wristlet because I didn't know if the new NFL stadium rules (small clutches/wristlet or clear bags only) were in effect as they have been talking about. I opened my wristlet for the guy and then they didn't even wand me.

I was sitting right on the 50 on the level of the tunnel (first row of premium seating) and they was nearly a mutiny during Cadets between people behind me mad with people coming in during Cadets and those in the tunnel. Though from what I could see in the tunnels in the next section, they were letting people in during Cadets and then PR. It was impossible to move between corps, I didn't dare get up as a lot of the people that went to the concourse never got back for next corps.

I will say that I had many corps staff members near me as the seat next to me first in the row off of the tunnel was empty (guessing since view semi-obstructed due to wheelchair platform/guest seat in front of it) and they all asked if they could sit there and were good audience members since I know some people have made comments regarding that recently.

I have been to other Buffalo shows and there were no problems like this. Also note that they haven't had concerts at RWS since 2001.

arriving at 6:45 for a show that starts at 7:30 is entirely prudent. You could walk around the stadium about 4 or 5 times in that period, so how's it not enough time to go from a parking lot to your seat?

Regards,

John

Nicely said, even if you're on the wrong side of the Blue Water. Wink.

Thanks. Crossed at Buffalo, not Port Huron. In light of what I'm seeing and experiencing on your side (if you are on that side) I believe I'm on the right side. We still have our own stupidity related to 'security and safety' but thankfully those idiots are few and containable - and fortunately I have a job that allows me to publicly question, and mock when necessary, dumb ideas in my neighbourhood.

Regards,

John