All eyes on Glenn Fugett tonight

Last year at finals I had a group of crown parents sitting in front of me. After scores were announced, they start flipping out. Cussing F*** this, F*** that."the blue devils are ruining the activity" "Are the judges deaf and blind?"

I've seen some bad fans in my lifetime, but I was thoroughly disgusted at how classless these parents were.

In my experience there are always some parents of "kids" in competitive activities who act that way... I don't think parents are a good example to use as stand-ins for "fans" of a corps.

Of course, we got plenty of "Are the judges deaf and blind?" type stuff here last night, too. What does *that* mean?

Edited by skywhopper

In my experience there are always some parents of "kids" in competitive activities who act that way... I don't think parents are a good example to use as stand-ins for "fans" of a corps.

Of course, we got plenty of "Are the judges deaf and blind?" type stuff here last night, too. What does *that* mean?

It's obvious what it means...Fugett is blind and deaf if he thinks a 7th place drumline improved almost point in one night to get .2 down from SCV.

• Like 7

Crown was on fire last night! I'm sure the FIVE standing ovations helped a bit but it was definitely a big step up from the night before. I'm expecting the same level if not even more tonight

• Like 2

It's obvious what it means...Fugett is blind and deaf if he thinks a 7th place drumline improved almost point in one night to get .2 down from SCV.

I agree that Crowns line improved last night.

I also agree that BD's line,while consistent from quarterfinals, didn't deserve a higher score then the night before.

I don't agree with the amount of "improvement" crowns score indicates. They were not better then Bloo or Cavies. Way to high of a score.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 4

I mentioned this last year, but ill bring it up again.

There's nothing wrong with supporting your favorite corps.

BUT,

Last year at finals I had a group of crown parents sitting in front of me. After scores were announced, they start flipping out. Cussing F*** this, F*** that."the blue devils are ruining the activity" "Are the

judges deaf and blind?"

I've seen some bad fans in my lifetime, but I was thoroughly disgusted at how classless these parents were.

You'd be surprised to see what the members post on Facebook.

You'd be surprised to see what the members post on Facebook.

Like good surprised? Or bad surprised? Lol.

Well, here is what I came up with instead:

3vgolr.jpg

At Allentown, I was sitting in front of some quite loud and rude Cadets fans who couldn't stop ######## all throughout the Blue Devils' show. Didn't stop me from enjoying the Cadets though.

oh they are horrible at Allentown

I mentioned this last year, but ill bring it up again.

There's nothing wrong with supporting your favorite corps.

BUT,

Last year at finals I had a group of crown parents sitting in front of me. After scores were announced, they start flipping out. Cussing F*** this, F*** that."the blue devils are ruining the activity" "Are the

judges deaf and blind?"

I sat through this reaction from BD parents in '06 at Madison when I said aloud that they just finished third as soon as they were leaving the field after their show. The show was flat and no parent who is emotionally invested wants to hear the truth that they disagree with. I've also heard staff members from Cavies, Phantom and Cadets swear in the stands during performances of their corps and following judging critiques. Basically, it's something that no one corps has cornered the market on.