Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

I'm sad that the live crowd seems small. Maybe we should go back to not doing Fan Network on semis day. (I'm going to duck and run now before you all kill me! But I'm wondering if having so many regionals, along with the Fan Network, makes Finals less of a destination event. (intermission conversation....)

The crowd is ALWAYS smaller for this portion of both prelims and semis. Lots of people (even those who DON'T have to work during the day) skip the earlier corps because they just don't care about anything non-top 12, which has always been a darn shame. You watch, by around 8th place, the stands will be pretty packed.

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 2

Yea, the musical book is very <control c> <control v>.

Still works though, because they do almost a SCV Greatest hits show, and apply it to their theme. There's a lot of repeated phrases throughout BDB's show as well, to fit their "Warped" theme.

I just wish more Dinos would join me in re-discovering DCI in a different way. These shows work REALLY WELL through digital media. You don't miss a thing and there's more than ever to enjoy these days. The amount of talent on display is staggering.

I get it . . . this isn't what we did back when. We're older and don't like change. We have less patience with travel, crowds, and spending what seems to be so much more money than we spent before. You know, when gas was forty cents per gallon.

No, it's not what we did. . . it's much better !

I think it's much more fun live! But I hear ya. I do buy Fan Network every year. I stopped buying DVD's for the most part, but I could start up again. I just realized I didn't have as much time to spend viewing and listening as I used to, unfortunately.

Time for George Takei narration. Probably the best narration out on the field this year. Huge step up from Mandarins this year :thumbup:

• Like 1

FN mest up again??

And DCI promised this wouldn't happen. pssh, what weenies.