Viewing Finals on Web

Does anyone know if any of the gaming systems, ps3, wiiU, xbox360, can be used to watch the finals webcast? Or an iPad? I want to purchase it and usually am able to connect my computer to the TV, but got a new TV and unable to do it as my laptop is apparently to old now. I really dont want to just watch it on the laptop, so Im hoping maybe you guys have some ideas. Thanks for the help guys.....

If the system has a browser, probably.... try to watch one of the FanNetwork videos with the system this morning. If so, then you -should- be fine.

Not sure if finals webcast will be any different from Fan Network--I would think not--but no, I don't think an iPad or gaming systems 't work with Fan Network because they don't support Flash, which is what you really need to run Fan Network as well as a web browser.

What video and audio out ports does your laptop have? If you have HDMI out, and an HDTV with an HDMI in port (or a friend with one), you may be able to take your sound and video out to the TV. Try it now with YouTube before committing to the buy from DCI if it matters.

Not sure if finals webcast will be any different from Fan Network--I would think not--but no, I don't think an iPad or gaming systems 't work with Fan Network because they don't support Flash, which is what you really need to run Fan Network as well as a web browser.

What video and audio out ports does your laptop have? If you have HDMI out, and an HDTV with an HDMI in port (or a friend with one), you may be able to take your sound and video out to the TV. Try it now with YouTube before committing to the buy from DCI if it matters.

Actually, the past few webcasts have had an HTML5 option too for mobile viewing. It's worked quite nicely on my iPhone.

cmathis is right... they did have a mobile option on Fan Network the past few webcasts... I didn't connect that to meaning Flash was no longer required. Also if you have an Apple TV device which I think costs around $100, people have connected iPads to those to get around the Flash issue.

Does anyone know if any of the gaming systems, ps3, wiiU, xbox360, can be used to watch the finals webcast? Or an iPad? I want to purchase it and usually am able to connect my computer to the TV, but got a new TV and unable to do it as my laptop is apparently to old now. I really dont want to just watch it on the laptop, so Im hoping maybe you guys have some ideas. Thanks for the help guys.....

Am I right in guessing that your laptop has a VGA port (the blue monitor port), but no HDMI? And that your TV has HDMI, but no VGA?

If so, you can run to Staples or somewhere and see if they have a VGA-HDMI converter of some sort. Some of them are just straight cables, but most of them are little boxes, something like this. Radio Shack would most likely have them too.

I remember trying to get the webcast to work over my xbox a few years ago, but I found out that there's no sound from the browser... so that obviously was a no-go.

Yeah, in order to get sound into the TV, the laptop would need an audio out port along with a video out port if it doesn't have an HDMI out port--and since it's an old laptop, I can see that it wouldn't have HDMI out. If it just has a video VGA or DVI out port without an audio out port, you won't be able to get sound into the TV from this laptop.

IPad, Roku are the next steps for the FN. Roku has a ton of niche channels and everyone on DCP would buy one of their devices if the Fan Network was added. And you don't have to wait for anyone else to accept your product....DCI can develop and add the channel themselves.

By the way, is the encore typically shown to those who view the awards? Or does the stream cut off after announcing #1?

Edited by Shadowtron

Yesterday on the train coming home from work, I was viewing semi-finals live on my iPad Mini.....no Flash needed.....worked great, even on LTE cell connection.

IPad, Roku are the next steps for the FN. Roku has a ton of niche channels and everyone on DCP would buy one of their devices if the Fan Network was added. And you don't have to wait for anyone else to accept your product....DCI can develop and add the channel themselves.

By the way, is the encore typically shown to those who view the awards? Or does the stream cut off after announcing #1?

According to the FAQ, the webcast lasts till 11:45 p.m. Encore's supposed to start at 11:25--so looks like the stream won't cut off till then.