How old are you?

Old enough that my first bugle had one valve and a slide,

Saw my first show 62 or 63 , Clifton or Newark.

Marched 65-75(GSC,DCA)

Best show I ever saw? 8/10/13 Incredible, top to bottom!!

Old enough to have marched with the Sky Ryders in 1956-1959. Enough said.

25. I saw my first drum corps show at the Rose Bowl in 2007 and I've been a fan ever since. However, being a clarinet player, I never marched and missed my age-out in 2009.

19, first summer following was 2009.

HOPEFULLY I get my butt on the field next year. Real life kinda bit me in the butt this year during college, but hopefully I can squeeze two seasons in.

Save every bit of money you get. Money is always the reason people don't march, and it'd be a shame to say you could've if you didn't party it away/blow it on random crap. :) Just a bit of advice from an oldie (sorta)

I'm 27. Marched in 2005, and first live show was in 2003 (Blue Devils / Cavaliers / Madison Scouts / others I don't remember) Enid, OK. Funny story about that show....

I got a couple friends together, scrounged up enough money for tickets and gas, then asked to borrow my dads car for a day to take friends to family fun center for a bday. We left early in the morning and came back early the next day... drove roughly 1200 miles. I didn't think about the odometer. Sooooo lucky we didn't break down or get into a wreck..

doh.gif

I'm 27. Marched in 2005, and first live show was in 2003 (Blue Devils / Cavaliers / Madison Scouts / others I don't remember) Enid,

Wednesday July 16, 2003

Enid OK Festival of Drum Corps STADIUM: D. Bruce Selby Stadium DCI

Position Corps Score

1 Cavaliers 89.950

2 Blue Devils 89.650

3 Madison Scouts 81.750

4 Southwind 70.200

5 Kiwanis Kavaliers 69.800

6 Capital Regiment 68.650

Wednesday July 16, 2003

Enid OK Festival of Drum Corps STADIUM: D. Bruce Selby Stadium DCI

Position Corps Score

1 Cavaliers 89.950

2 Blue Devils 89.650

3 Madison Scouts 81.750

4 Southwind 70.200

5 Kiwanis Kavaliers 69.800

6 Capital Regiment 68.650

I was at that show.

46 - Aged out in 88.

Have had 2 daughters march since then. Got a Tube playing one coming up but she's still in Jr High so give her a year or two. :tongue:/>

24. Marched Penn State Blue Band for 4 years and if I had played brass would have tried out for DCI. Not enough time to learn mello :(

First got into DCI in high school. Believe first show I saw was in 2004 at Giants Stadium. Clearly remember BD's Summer Train Blues Mix show...awesome. Got to go Finals in '05, '10, '11, '12.

I am 59, and saw my first show in 1981. Been hooked ever since!!!!!!!!!!!

Save every bit of money you get. Money is always the reason people don't march, and it'd be a shame to say you could've if you didn't party it away/blow it on random crap. :) Just a bit of advice from an oldie (sorta)

I'm 27. Marched in 2005, and first live show was in 2003 (Blue Devils / Cavaliers / Madison Scouts / others I don't remember) Enid, OK. Funny story about that show....

I got a couple friends together, scrounged up enough money for tickets and gas, then asked to borrow my dads car for a day to take friends to family fun center for a bday. We left early in the morning and came back early the next day... drove roughly 1200 miles. I didn't think about the odometer. Sooooo lucky we didn't break down or get into a wreck..

doh.gif

Oh I am. Worked as much as I could this summer in addition to teching with a high school line and practice. Got about half of what I expect my tour fees/other costs will be. I have one of those Grandma's that will fill a dump truck up with money and dump it on you if you ask, but I'm not gonna go there, I'd feel bad. :tongue: I'm working hard and hopefully it pays off in more way than 1.

And I did one of those weekend trips with a couple college friends, that was quite an experience. :ph34r:

• Like 1