woodbridge nj

Cabs had really strong run...think they will be closer than expected

let's see . at the beginning of the week i didn't think so. but you said the bucs had a few problems.

White Sabres. 80.35

74.05 Sun

78.80 Bush

83.85 Fusion

86.05 C2

89.3 Cabs. Guard

91.6 Bucs

well that turned out like i thought. i think CD2 and empire might battle it out for 4th & 5th. but i'm skiddish on empire. they don't have enough shows.

Some final thoughts...

Bucs had some issues early on, but closed really strong, especially the brass.

Cabs had a lot of energy for the first half of the show, but brass really ran out of gas for the closer and that was the difference IMO. Tubas on their way to being a really great section. Mr. Ponzo had a great show tonight. Beautiful job in the ballad. Also like the new ending effect. Guard is really performing clean. Nice work with some additional unraveling stuff, and the front screens help with some of the transitions. Drums are really coming along...flashes of brilliance today and tonight.

C2 was not as improved from Clifton as I would have expected. Seemed like less brass than they had? They did work 2 new tubas into the show after the opener.

Heard that tonight was the last night that the old couple die for Fusion. I have felt since first viewing they could handle this concept with a little more finesse.

Took 2 of my band students to their first drum corps show. They were floored and had a great time! So cool to see their reactions.

Looking forward to our "home show" in Scranton next week!

Edited by truman

Some final thoughts...

Bucs had some issues early on, but closed really strong, especially the brass.

Cabs had a lot of energy for the first half of the show, but brass really ran out of gas for the closer and that was the difference IMO. Tubas on their way to being a really great section. Mr. Ponzo had a great show tonight. Beautiful job in the ballad. Also like the new ending effect. Guard is really performing clean. Nice work with some additional unraveling stuff, and the front screens help with some of the transitions. Drums are really coming along...flashes of brilliance today and tonight.

C2 was not as improved from Clifton as I would have expected. Seemed like less brass than they had? They did work 2 new tubas into the show after the opener.

Heard that tonight was the last night that the old couple die for Fusion. I have felt since first viewing they could handle this concept with a little more finesse.

Took 2 of my band students to their first drum corps show. They were floored and had a great time! So cool to see their reactions.

Looking forward to our "home show" in Scranton next week!

say hi to the Stadium Club for me...oh...wrong stadium

• Like 1

Thanks for the neat photos Truman.

Were there any other corps tonight with any noticeable issues? I am guessing that the little issues with Bucs become easier to see based on how good they are. Just curious.

Bucs...a few noticable errors tonight...brass and visual...ballad is powerful. Mellos on ladders is awesome!

Ending is really powerful...great tag for the brass!