woodbridge nj

Thanks for the neat photos Truman.

Were there any other corps tonight with any noticeable issues? I am guessing that the little issues with Bucs become easier to see based on how good they are. Just curious.

Bucs were my first corps of the night. A tuba putting his horn down 4 counts early at the end of the opener. A couple missed step offs and halts, feet phasing. Some low brass stick outs, mostly releases and volume control within the ensemble. And yes, these things can stick out more when the rest of the corps is performing well.

Others did make errors of course, but I tend to be more critical as the scores approach the box 5 reward levels.

Truman, thank you for covering our show! We had a great turnout, better than we even expected. The Woodbridge band parents are a great group to work with and we were both very happy with how the evening went. :thumbup:

Thank you to all the spectators who came to the Bushwacker Invitational last night. It was a great crowd and a great venue. Looking forward to next year already. :tongue:

And thank you to the Sunrisers, White Sabers, Fusion Core, Buccaneers, Cadets2, Caballeros and Saints Brigade for outstanding performances. Also, thank you to the World Famous Gashouse Gang for their pre-show concert. It was a great way to start the evening! :thumbup:

Lastly, thank you to all of the Bushwacker alumni and friends who volunteered their time yesterday and to the Woodbridge HS Band and Band Parents for all their hard work. Outstanding! :worthy:

See you again at our next home show in Pennsauken NJ on Sunday August 25th at 2pm at Pennsauken HS.

• Like 2

Bucs were my first corps of the night. A tuba putting his horn down 4 counts early at the end of the opener. A couple missed step offs and halts, feet phasing. Some low brass stick outs, mostly releases and volume control within the ensemble. And yes, these things can stick out more when the rest of the corps is performing well.

Others did make errors of course, but I tend to be more critical as the scores approach the box 5 reward levels.

They (Bucs) just came off of a weekend completely off they didn't rehearse last weekend at all. each season they take a complete weekend off - Yesterday, they practiced for 5 hours, showered, hopped on a bus and went to the show from Reading - got off of the buses at 6:30 unloaded / warmed up - went in and performed. I really think it was more of an issue for being "back in the saddle again". I have confidence the issue last night won't be an issue at Scranton. Higher Faster Stronger will be there IMO.

It is really great to see everyone improving this season. And along those lines - SABERS - wow!!

• Like 1

Truman, thank you for covering our show! We had a great turnout, better than we even expected. The Woodbridge band parents are a great group to work with and we were both very happy with how the evening went. :thumbup:/>

Thank you to all the spectators who came to the Bushwacker Invitational last night. It was a great crowd and a great venue. Looking forward to next year already. :tongue:/>

And thank you to the Sunrisers, White Sabers, Fusion Core, Buccaneers, Cadets2, Caballeros and Saints Brigade for outstanding performances. Also, thank you to the World Famous Gashouse Gang for their pre-show concert. It was a great way to start the evening! :thumbup:/>

Lastly, thank you to all of the Bushwacker alumni and friends who volunteered their time yesterday and to the Woodbridge HS Band and Band Parents for all their hard work. Outstanding! :worthy:/>

See you again at our next home show in Pennsauken NJ on Sunday August 25th at 2pm at Pennsauken HS.

Glad to hear the turnout was strong. Hopefully the corps and HS groups both gathered up some solid funds. Good to hear people are turning out. Looked at the map, not a bad drive for me, maybe a bit long, we'll see about next year when the time comes.

Truman, once again... great stuff!!!!

I was at a wedding in New England yesterday... but your photos make it feel like I was at the show. :thumbup:

Truman, once again... great stuff!!!!

I was at a wedding in New England yesterday... but your photos make it feel like I was at the show. thumbup.gif

once again he did a great job. don't forget to call me from scranton ......LOL tongue.gif

once again he did a great job. don't forget to call me from scranton ......LOL tongue.gif

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: