Feed Problems

The remedy for this is to roll back the progress bar. I rolled back 15 minutes and had no issues streaming...it's a buffering issue with too much data being streamed. What DCI should do for their live streams is to not actually stream it live but rather add in a delay to allow the data to load, but if they don't figure it out, roll it back next year...when the show starts hit the pause button and come a few minutes later and you're all set.

For sure, kinda like DVR: I NEVER watch TV live, even sporting events. I DVR everything, and start playing a bit later so I don't have to sit through commercials.

I always do that with FN live streams that last several years and have had minimal problems.

I didn't purchase this, primarily because at the late date this was announced I had already been scheduled to work last night...but I found pretty much the same problems with ALL FN feeds this whole week. The TOC show in Buffalo was doing the same things on Monday; quarters on Thursday I had a lot of these same issues with the early corps. I was using a tablet and a wifi hotspot though, so I just chalked it up to that. I was happy to see that after shelling out $20 each for the theater, that seemed to be free of any problems. Friday night during the semis, the same thing was happening although not as frequently as Thursday. At that point I was thinking to myself that they had better get their #### together before the Saturday broadcast. I was not able to watch any of the other live feeds this year, but were these problems going on all summer?

Good call: that is definitely not the optimal viewing of FN, I'm sure

Have they posted the awards and encore stream that worked for NO ONE?

Just put the #### thing on YouTube!

* awards worked for everyone I personally know who got the feed

* the YouTube awards (i.e. the tunnel cam thing) worked great for me for awards

* Boo's commentary/live blog worked even better: was a bit ahead of the video feeds & worked great for me (I had that on so I could text my wife the results + the YouTube cam so I could hear the crowd go nuts)

Perhaps if you had problems it was on your end and not DCI's :ph34r:

You do know that you can go back and watch the whole thing up to midnight tonight right? Just go back to the dcifinals.com site, log in and it is still there.

And still experience the fun and freezes and skips

The remedy for this is to roll back the progress bar. I rolled back 15 minutes and had no issues streaming...it's a buffering issue with too much data being streamed. What DCI should do for their live streams is to not actually stream it live but rather add in a delay to allow the data to load, but if they don't figure it out, roll it back next year...when the show starts hit the pause button and come a few minutes later and you're all set.

Rolled back 3 times, still issues

i didn't have any issues at all - some of this must be between the end user and the event - or at the end user

The problems most had were a result of issues with encoding at the server site. The issues weren't at Lucas Oil. I can't speak for end-user issues, as I didn't have any of those...just the skips and restarts everyone else seemed to have. It got MUCH better about half way though the show after an obvious server restart.