2014 Predictions!

I think Crown has the chance to repeat with another well written show... they showed that they can win and their auditions are going to spike and bring in the talent... I think this is going to help their drum talent tremendously.

Just my idea.

• Like 3

I will do a more full prediction later, but I predict that either Crown or Santa Clara will take home the Gold next year with the other taking Silver.

As Pat61 stated, Crown has proven that they can win, even with a lower Drum Score than they'd want, and I agree that talent level is going to spike next year. I also feel like Vet retention of non-ageouts will be high as well. With a well written show, I could see Crown repeating.

Santa Clara has been underscored in recent years, imho, so it was good to see them .1 from the Bronze this year. That being said, I think they really have a shot at it next year with vet retention and if they do another similar show. This show as just magical. :worthy:

• Like 1

Right now, I'll guess:

1. Blue Devils

2. Santa Clara Vanguard

3. Carolina Crown

However, I'd like to see the Bluecoats take it next year because now they're the best corps to have not won DCI yet.

• Like 3

SCV

I could live with that!

• Like 1

I think SCV is going to be the popular choice, but I think they need one more year to inch closer to a title before they can take it all. I don't see them jumping from a non-medal position (even if their show would have medaled in most any other year) to a title.

1a. Blue Devils

1b. Carolina Crown

--------------------- (It's still too hard to bet against BD, but I say with good staff retention and the same quality writing/arranging as this year, BD and Crown go back and forth one more time for a title. I give the edge to BD simply because of how hard it is to repeat, although I could easily see Crown getting a bunch of new talent during audition season because of their title and taking another one.)

3. Santa Clara Vanguard (Produces another fan favorite show that, by Finals night, comes within a point of winning it all and a half point of knocking off whoever ends up in second. Gives them the momentum to take it all in 2015.)

4. Phantom Regiment (The loss of their most recognizable face in years [Dean] combined with the fact that their formula seems to have grown a little stale causes Phantom staff to come back with something new and innovative for 2014 - maybe another storyline, but definitely not in the same vein as the last few years. SCV and the Top 2 are too far away to Phantom to break into medal contention, but they separate themselves solidly from anyone below them.)

5. The Cadets (Either GH comes up with another whacky show concept that doesn't quite work out as well as the Towers did, or he plays it too safe. Either way, I think the Cadets drop just a bit next year - they'll be a solid point behind Phantom, battling it out with Bluecoats for the 5/6 spots.)

6. Bluecoats (Another solid show whose strength is in the battery. I say they go back and forth with Cadets all season, but the famous late-season push by Cadets knocks Bluecoats down into a perfectly respectable 6th place.)

7. Boston Crusaders (They continue to RISE, but the ever-increasing quality of the shows above them means it's incredibly difficult to break into the Top 6. They are separated by a point or so from 5/6.)

8. The Cavaliers (I seriously hope to be wrong about this one, but without stronger brass the Cavaliers continue to struggle to reach the top tier once again. They go back and forth with Boston for 7/8, but separate themselves from anyone below them.)

9. Blue Stars (With only four age-outs in the entire percussion section, Blue Stars come back with a stronger show concept to get Top 6 in drums. They start the season in 11/12, and manage to clean their show by Finals to edge Madison, ending a point or two back from Cavaliers.)

10. Madison Scouts (Another fan favorite which will start out competing for Top 7/8, but which inevitably drops in the standings by Finals due to lack of difficulty.)

11. Blue Knights (Really not sure what to expect from them next year. BK has always surprised me, so I'm going to put them in relatively the same spot as this year.)

12. Troopers (Doesn't take the show of their lives to earn a Finalists spot next year; with more solid brass and visual, Troopers earn a comfortable 12th place.)

13. Crossmen (A stronger show concept this year edges the Crossmen closer to a Finalist's position, but they still come up a little short.)

14. Spirit of Atlanta (The same formula doesn't keep paying dividends, and SoA drops out of Finals, much to the dismay of fans, who once again loved their show.)

I'm going to pull numbers out of my ### just to give an idea of spread:

Blue Devils: 99.00

Carolina Crown: 98.75

SCV: 98.30

Phantom: 97.20

Cadets: 95.00

Bluecoats: 94.75

Boston Crusaders: 92.90

Cavaliers: 92.50

Blue Stars: 90.75

Madison Scouts: 90.00 (Yes, next year is the year 10 corps break 90.)

Blue Knights: 88.50

Troopers: 86.50

Crossmen: 85.25

Spirit: 83.75

Edited by Some Random Drummer
  • Like 1