2014 Predictions!

1. Blue Devile-Really digging the show concept1

2. Crown- As much as I love CC, it would be better for the activity if they do not win again. Everyone pulls for CC to win, until they do it every year. Then the haters come rushing in.

3. Santa Clara Vanguard- I don't see why this couldnt happen. But a BD/CC 1/2 not happening, is not a possiblity if you ask me.

4. Bluecoats-Show=YES

5. Cadets- Nothing to get too excited about if you ask me.

6. Phantom- Just getting a wee bit tired of the female only plots.

7. Crusaders- Very interesting show concept

8. Cavaliers- It will be a while before they can prove to me that they are back at elite status.

9. Blue Knights- Could easily eclips Cavaliers.

10. Scouts- Back 6 should be another tough battle.

11. Blue Stars- I don't have any reason to believe they shouldn't be in finals.

12. SOA- They sound good so far.

13. Troopers- I haven't heard anything to get excited about. Especially with reports that they are still hazing. Very dissapointing.

Hazing rarely has anything good equated with it. Care to elaborate?

The plain fact is Finals no longer is big enough to hold Finals-quality shows...

When was that not the case? I really enjoyed Troopers' 13th-place show in 2013, which missed Finals by 0.15 pts., but I don't see it as markedly superior to, say, Dutch Boy's 13th-place show in 1989, which missed Finals by 0.30 pts. (More technically difficult, sure, particularly for the feet, but by that standard, then Rachmaninoff's piano concertos would be generally thought of as inherently greater works than Beethoven's.) If asked to choose one show to listen to, I'd probably pick the earlier one.

• Like 1

At least as of an April 2012 board meeting (whose minutes are online), Troopers had a hazing policy, which presumably means an anti-hazing policy, in place.

Agree with THIS -WITH- ( as Always ) -SOME CHANGES -LOL.

See you all this summer.

Edited by theCHEZman

Well, seeing as only corps that have done west coast tours have won DCI championships since at least 2007, I'm gonna bet either Vanguard or BD. It'll likely be BD, but I know that Vanguard has been building up a really strong corps since all of their staff changes in 2011 and 2012. Can't wait to see it.

So… Crossmen are going to win? They're the corps doing the West Coast swing this year.

Wow. Personally I see them in 15th. Guess I must be smoking the drug that killed my best friend.

Yep. Sounds like crack-smoking to me.. 15th with the Pulse drum staff and Saucedo in a kicked-up role? Nope.

With that BK show announcement, I'm curious how it'll be this summer with two Blue teams using the same ballad source material, especially considering how close they'll likely perform when they see each other at shows. Might be a fun little competitive sub-plot.

My prediction for 2014: SCV and Bluecoats turn the heat up, particularly Bluecoats' vis program, putting Cadets in 5th.

So glad people make light of dangerous and deadly drugs.

Maybe you ######## that think oking crack and poking fun at it aught to start using the word ######## because you know, that's not offensive either.

Oh, and yeah Saucedo's music is so wonderful it'll propel the Blue Stars. Variations on whole notes and half noted are my favorite. Glad I won't be seeing them on Saturday night, but if they are i know when I'll get a beer.

• Like 1

So glad people make light of dangerous and deadly drugs.

Maybe you ######## that think oking crack and poking fun at it aught to start using the word ######## because you know, that's not offensive either.

Oh, and yeah Saucedo's music is so wonderful it'll propel the Blue Stars. Variations on whole notes and half noted are my favorite. Glad I won't be seeing them on Saturday night, but if they are i know when I'll get a beer.

Mission accomplished. :)

But seriously, folks...

Mission accomplished :)

But seriously, folks...

Your mission was to poke fun at a person's death, drug addiction, and the word r@$@&$ed?

Wow. Your family must be proud.