2014 Predictions!

My updated predictions now that almost all of the corps have announces their shows.

1. Carolina Crown

2. Blue Devils

Both corps have fantastic shows that accentuate their strengths and represent all the things they do best. Crown has the momentum. BD has/the repotoire

3. SCV

4. Blue Coats

5. BAC

Yes, I have BAC skyrocketing to 5th. No, I am not crazy. They have an awesome theme this year and I think they will execute it perfectly. SCV will build off of a fantastic fourth place finish last year and the Blue Coats have some great music and a great show.

6. The Cadets

7. Phantom

8. Cavaliers

Before you ask me about 6th place, are you excited for their show? That's what I thought, on to the last 4.

9. BK

10. Madison

11. Troopers

12. SoA

Troopers have fantastic music, fantastic design, and have earned this finals of. Madison needs some fresh ideas. SoA makes me go "eh" and Blue Knights are always 9-11.

13. Blue Stars

14. Cross men

15. Oregon

16. Colts

Now every once in a while someone asks for bold predictions for the upcoming year. THIS is a bold predicition and one I like very much. And in response to Brasso's belief that as a BAC alumnus, I would throw out my hip doing a cartwheel; That wouldn't happen, as I would probably smash my face into the ground in a sad misguided attempt to do a cartwheel. LOVE the prediction though. Eat em up Boston.

• Like 3

upon New years reflections...

whoever scores highest wins

still the same

I predict that you are going to half heartedly try a cartwheel sometime in the near future.

I hope you are right enough for there to be a reason for a cartwheel. I'll wear a helmet and face shield just in case.

More or less what I'd like to see:

1. Santa Clara Vanguard
2. Blue Devils
3. Carolina Crown
4. Bluecoats
5. The Cadets
6. Phantom Regiment

7. The Cavaliers
8. Blue Knights
9. Madison Scouts
10. Boston Crusaders

11. Troopers
12. Spirit of Atlanta

• Like 1

I think that the Bluecoats are going to do very well this year. Drill is not something the Bluecoats are known for, but the Cavaliers are. Instead it is the balance of the brass and the ferocity of the percussion. I think Tilt is going to give them an opportunity to have Cavaliers style drill with playing the new music they have.

After a few more corps have announced their shows here's my updated top 12

1. Blue Devils

2. Carolina Crown

3. Bluecoats

4. Phantom Regiment

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. The Cadets

7. The Cavaliers

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Madison Scouts

10. Blue Knights

11. Troopers

12. Blue Stars

1. Crown- They have to get their percussion in line with the rest of the corps!

Devils- Didn't they do a "Felliniesque" show in 2012?

SCV- If Scheherazade is as good as it was 10 years ago, They should medal!

Cadets- If the Cadets captions are as strong as they were last year, They could land anywhere in the top three.

Bloooo- They always seem to be right on the edge of the top 2 or 3 shows!

Phantom- Swan Lake is beautiful, Can Phantom make it intense and exciting?

Madison- This Should be an Exciting show! Hopefully as exciting as the Madison I remember in the 80's!

Cavaliers- ??? I hope they're great. I miss the Cavaliers that competed for titles!

Boston- Keeps getting better but, They really have to step out to make the judges take notice!

Blue Knights- Seems they can't crawl out of #10

Spirit- I see them as high as #9

Troopers- Troopers are always my sentimental favorite to make finals

Blue Stars- Probably as high as 10.

Crossmen- Maybe they'll squeeze into 12?

Colts

Oregon

Crest

Academy

Mandarins

SCVC

BDB

Surf

Edited by boxingfred

1) Blue Devils are going to win this year by a landslide Possibly by 1.5 pts.

I just hope that their show will be enjoyable. I have heard that the visual drill will be a little more accessible than the last few years. I hope so.

2) Cadets got 3rd last year with a boring, hard to understand abstract show, with no emotion. This year, their show will have emotion. And they will win drums.

Silver medal for The Cadets.

3) Bluecoats - it's about time they go back to something like 2010, with a powerful, in your face show.

4) Crown. Sequels don't work in DCI very well, except for 1989.

5) SCV. Traditional worked well for them last year, but this year there will be less emotion. I can't see this show medaling.

6) Cavaliers. A show back to their roots, they've hit rock bottom and they are going to climb back into elite status starting this year.

7) Blue Knights - new uniforms, drum looks, emotional theme, The staff here has been really trying hard to find that one moment in a show that makes people say "wow, this corps has it going on". This show will be dynamic and powerful, and they will deserve every bit of the 7th place they get.

8-10 BCrusaders. Sorry, I just don't think Animal Farm is going to work out in a marching music medium. This music and drill won't work well. They could even end up in 9th.

Phantom. They're doing another ballet-opera-storybook type thing, and it's getting old now. It's not going to work this time around.

Spirit. Going back to roots, this show is going to melt your face off, and it will probably be a crowd favorite. They're going to have it going on, and they could even pass up Boston and/or Phantom.

11) Blue Stars. They are bringing some minimalism, positive feelings, and raw emotion back into their program. It's going to work, and it's going to propel them into the future.

12) Scouts. Same show, same music, 5 years running. They are going to get punished for not doing something new, and will get jumped.

• Like 1

1) Blue Devils are going to win this year by a landslide Possibly by 1.5 pts.

I just hope that their show will be enjoyable. I have heard that the visual drill will be a little more accessible than the last few years. I hope so.

2) Cadets got 3rd last year with a boring, hard to understand abstract show, with no emotion. This year, their show will have emotion. And they will win drums.

Silver medal for The Cadets.

3) Bluecoats - it's about time they go back to something like 2010, with a powerful, in your face show.

4) Crown. Sequels don't work in DCI very well, except for 1989.

5) SCV. Traditional worked well for them last year, but this year there will be less emotion. I can't see this show medaling.

6) Cavaliers. A show back to their roots, they've hit rock bottom and they are going to climb back into elite status starting this year.

7) Blue Knights - new uniforms, drum looks, emotional theme, The staff here has been really trying hard to find that one moment in a show that makes people say "wow, this corps has it going on". This show will be dynamic and powerful, and they will deserve every bit of the 7th place they get.

8-10 BCrusaders. Sorry, I just don't think Animal Farm is going to work out in a marching music medium. This music and drill won't work well. They could even end up in 9th.

Phantom. They're doing another ballet-opera-storybook type thing, and it's getting old now. It's not going to work this time around.

Spirit. Going back to roots, this show is going to melt your face off, and it will probably be a crowd favorite. They're going to have it going on, and they could even pass up Boston and/or Phantom.

11) Blue Stars. They are bringing some minimalism, positive feelings, and raw emotion back into their program. It's going to work, and it's going to propel them into the future.

12) Scouts. Same show, same music, 5 years running. They are going to get punished for not doing something new, and will get jumped.

Seriously?

I needed a post like this today. Thanks for the laughs!

• Like 4