2014 Predictions!

Based on nothing more than my poking around the forums and reading other people's reactions, I think we're going to see every corps tie for last, and all look absolutely awful in their new uniforms while doing it. ;-)

• Like 6

I'll make three predictions:

Early Season (hard to set a specific show since they don't all meet up for a while into tour):

1. Carolina Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. The Cadets

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Bluecoats

6. Phantom Regiment

7. The Cavaliers

8. Madison Scouts

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Knights

11. Blue Stars

12. Spirit of Atlanta

Atlanta Regional:

1. Blue Devils

2. The Cadets

3. Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. The Cavaliers

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Madison Scouts

10. Blue Stars

11. Blue Knights

12. Spirit of Atlanta

Finals:

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. Carolina Crown

4. The Cadets

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Boston Crusaders

7. The Cavaliers

8. Madison Scouts

9. Blue Stars

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Spirit of Atlanta

12. Blue Knights

But in all honesty... who knows. So many awesome productions this year that I just can't wait to see them all!

Edited by MarchandPlay

After seeing a video of the Bluecoats, if Santa Clara is firing on all cylinders, that top 7 including Crown, Devils, Cadets, Bluecoats, Vanguard, Boston, and Cavaliers is going to be a cluster ####, and I have no idea what the hell is going to happen. CRAZY! And I haven't seen Madison yet, and Blue Knights are great, and.........Phantom could be a lot better then I'm expecting.....and Blue Stars.......and.........this is gonna be a dayumn good year.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

I might still be excited because I just watched the video, but Bluecoats (IMO of course) have "The" show- I'd be shocked if it wasn't top 3. I was expecting them to be different, but WOW. I'm trying really hard not to overstate this: Bloo is different (but accessible), fun, and already feels like a finished product.

Season is just beginning- I hope the competition at the top pushes all design staffs and corps members to new heights. I think it's gonna be an incredible year of drum corps.

• Like 1

I might still be excited because I just watched the video, but Bluecoats (IMO of course) have "The" show- I'd be shocked if it wasn't top 3. I was expecting them to be different, but WOW. I'm trying really hard not to overstate this: Bloo is different (but accessible), fun, and already feels like a finished product.

Season is just beginning- I hope the competition at the top pushes all design staffs and corps members to new heights. I think it's gonna be an incredible year of drum corps.

I'm right there with you Mr. Kevin. I'm still smiling after watching that.

ITS A SHOW DAY!!!!

Here are my third, and final preseason predictions! (spaces indicate scoring gaps)

1. Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Vanguard

4. Bluecoats

5. Cadets

6. Phantom Regiment

7. Cavaliers

8. Madison Scouts

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Stars

11. Spirit of Atlanta

12. Blue Knights

Preseason poll after seeing and hearing what was available online plus I went to BD family Day.

BD - Great show, way ahead of last year. (I had never seen BD so unprepared as they were early season last year)

SCV - The talent level for this corps is better than last year when they barely lost out to Cadets. This year it will all come together. They will medal.

Cadets - SCV almost caught them last year, but they will this year.

Crown - They have gone of the edge BANDO. Maybe they will sing less and play more. If they do, up the list they will move. new uniforms UGH!

Madison - Continuing the clime.

Cavaliers - Improving from last year.

Bluecoats - I just think Madison and Cavies will pass them this year.

Boston Crusaders - Same as last year. It is hard to get into that top 6 (I would know as I marched Freelancers 83 (8th place) and 84 (9th place))

Phantom Regiment - I love Swan Lake, but I have heard distressing rumblings about this corps. I would love to see Phantom top 5, but.....

Blue Knights - They will surprise people. I like the new uniforms.

Spirit of Atlanta - This is a wish. I love their history and hope they make Finals again this year.

Crossmen - They will benefit from coming to CA. This corps has a fun show. Very, very dirty but it is the middle of June.

I loved Troopers last year and I was hoping they would make Finals, but it did not happen. I have not heard anything about them for 2014. If the Troopers can field a full corps with a show that is as moving and entertaining as last year with some added difficulty, I could see them making Finals.

I am excited for the start of the season this weekend. Good luck to everyone.

Edited by jmc5682
  • Like 1

Preseason poll after seeing and hearing what was available online plus I went to BD family Day.

BD

SCV

Cadets

Phantom

Crown

Madison

Cavaliers

Bluecoats

Boston Crusaders

Blue Knights

Crossmen

Blue Stars

I admire your boldness with the prediction that Phantom Regiment will finish ahead of last year's DCI Champion, Carolina Crown and that Crown will fall from 1st to 5th.. ( I'm not seeing that at all, but I like the boldness of it )

Edited by BRASSO

A new champion will be bloooed.

1. Bluecoats

2. BD

3. Crown

4. Cadets

5. Cavaliers

6. BAC

7. SCV

8. Madison

9. BK

10. Phantom