2014 Predictions!

I actually called last year, not on the first show, but the first rehearsal I saw (prior to DCI West, in one of Cupertino's High Schools). I, like you, have just seen every top 7 corps, and it is clear as daylight. Bluecoats and Cadets have the shows this year. I do love Crown's opener though.

Here are a few times that I felt strongly that an early season show would take home the gold the first time that I saw it :

- '96 Phantom Regiment

- '08 Phantom Regiment

- '13 Carolina Crown

- '14 Bluecoats

Times I felt that way & was wrong :

- '12 Carolina Crown

My guess is BD / Cadets / possibly Crown change leads all season w/ 'Coats hanging 3rd / 4th, and they surge in through championship week to take the gold,

carried on audience momentum. I think that this is their year.

Can anyone confirm if they are still doing this? I didn't mind it, personally... but it really got on some nerves out there.

Again like said above, this is completely off topic but I witnessed (in the cinecast tonight) that they are clearly doing a heel-first forwards march once again. This will be easier on the bodies of the members for certain. As to whether or not this is meant to show knee bend or be entirely straight leg, I'm not sure. I think establishing a clear technique will help them visually.

• Like 1

Now that we are more than a week in here is my update. I figured I would amuse you by showing how many spots I was off in my preseason prediction.

1. Cadets +4

2. BD =

3. Bloo +1

4. Crown -3

5. SCV -2

6. Phantom =

7. Cavaliers =

8. Boston +1

9. Scouts -1

10. Stars =

11. BK +1

12. Troopers +2

1:cadets

2: Blue Devils

3: Bluecoats

4:Phantom

5:Crown

6:cavies

7: vanguard

8: BAC

9: madison

10: Blue Stars

11: troopers

12: Blue Knights

13: Crossmen

14: Colts

15: Spirit of Atlanta

16: Pacific crest

18: OC

19: The Academy

20: mandarins

• Like 1

I'll play

1. Blue Devils

2. Santa Clara Vanguard

3. Bluecoats

4. Carolina Crown

5. The Cadets

6. Phantom Regiment

7. The Cavaliers

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Madison Scouts

10. Blue Knights

11. Troopers

12. Blue Stars

----

13. Crossmen

14. Spirit of Atlanta

15. Colts

16. Pacific Crest

17. Mandarins

18. Oregon Crusaders

19. The Academy

20. Blue Devils B

21. Jersey Surf

22. Vanguard Cadets

23. Genesis

24. Cascades

25. Spartans

• Like 1

I can count on one hand how many times Cadets have come in 5th place since 1982 (I think). Probably not this year but you never know.

From what I've seen:

1. The Cadets

2. Blue Devils

3. Bluecoats

4. Carolina Crown

5. Cavaliers

6. Phantom Regiment

7. Santa Clara

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston

10. Madison

11. ?

12. ?

need to see more of Spirit, Blue Stars, Troopers, and others before I get a better read. I love Troopers show!!

I think Cavaliers will be the surprise and move into 5th, passing both Phantom and SCV. I feel SCV is too dirty for this time of year and will struggle to clean and tweak while trying to catch-up. Phantom has a very cleanable show that just needs some polishing of the climax points and I could see them taking 5th as well, but I'm giving the nod to Cavaliers.

Bluecoats, top 3 for sure. Top 2...could be. Need to see how the guard improves over the summer. I know where Cadets and BD will be in ALL captions come August. Carolina Crown will also have a shot at this. Let's see what they do. This will be an exciting season.

One thing is for sure (to me anyway): The BLUECOATS have put together a show that may very well change programming for the next 5 to 10 years. This is a transcendent show with staying power, forward thinking, music first concept, some of the best pit-generated effects we've heard, and many designers will re-TOOL their idea box around the concepts used in this show for many years to come. Very refreshing, BLOOO!

• Like 3

From the most recent show VODs, yep, not the same as live but "all" shows are better live so let's not go there..

1.Cadets

2. BD

3. Bluecoats

4. Crown

5. Cavaliers

6. SCV

7. Phantom

8. Boston

9. Blue Knights

10. Madison

11. Blue Stars

12. Troopers

I really like Phantom and should have them up but so much SCV hype, I need to watch that a few more times before dropping them down any further. I must say, this is certainly one of my favorite seasons so far. A nice variety of shows from super-classic to very odd and intriguing.

Alright these are my final predictions now that all corps have performed

1. Blue Devils - Personally not a fan of the show but I have a feeling they'll come out on top

2. Bluecoats - This show will surge during finals week but fall just short

3. Crown - Theyll keep their Jim Ott but design flaws will prevent this show from winning.

4. Cadets - This show will peak early

5. Boston Crusaders - Theyre behind now but this show has much more room to grow than others

6. Cavaliers - wanted to put them higher but the field is really strong this year

7. SCV - I admittedly dont like this show and I think they'll remain behind this year

8. Phantom Regiment - Weak design will prevent success

9. Madison Scouts - Those white pants are going to give them issues

10. Blue Knights - Similar to Madison

11. Blue Stars - Good concept will keep them in top 12

12. Troopers - Started out ahead of crossmen and will stay that way.