5. Vanguard

6. Phantom

7. Cavaliers

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Stars

10. Madison Scouts

11. Blue Knights

12. ????

I can see that...for me I would flip flop Blue and CC and for the 12th it'll be a semi-finals close call between Troopers and Crossmen.

The BLUECOATS have put together a show that may very well change programming for the next 5 to 10 years. This is a transcendent show with staying power, forward thinking, music first concept, some of the best pit-generated effects we've heard, and many designers will re-TOOL their idea box around the concepts used in this show for many years to come.

As a complete layperson when it comes to music, I can see what you're saying. In my business, news, the saying goes that "content drives design." I can see that idea at work in this show. I can see the design serving the music, and that makes the show feel organic, whole, natural. I wonder, though: Is a "music-forward" show "forward-thinking," or is it actually a classic idea rediscovered by Bluecoats and put on display in a thoroughly modern package?

• Like 1

I can see that...for me I would flip flop Blue and CC and for the 12th it'll be a semi-finals close call between Troopers and Crossmen.

I think crown has too much content, integration and cohesiveness for bluecoats to pass them although I do enjoy bloo more this year.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

Flying under the radar as usual. Right where we like to be. :-)

Okay. I will give the Top 12 a try now that I believe I have seen most of the shows:

1. Carolina Crown

2. Santa Clara Vanguard

3. Bluecoats

4. Blue Devils

5. The Cadets

6. Boston Crusaders

7. Phantom Regiment

8. The Cavaliers

9. Madison Scouts

10. Blue Knights

11. Spirit of Atlanta

12. Crossmen

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. Cadets

4. Crown

5. SCV

6. BAC

7. Cavies

8. Phantom

9. Blue Knights

10. Madison

11. Blue Stars

12. Troopers

Phantom doesn't have enough content to stop Cavies and BAC from passing them. BAC won't make that jump from 8th to 6th until Allentown at the earliest. Similarly, Bloo won't pass Cadets until around that time. Blue Knights will pass Madison at around San Antonio.

Edited by Contraaaaa

Just a slight deviation, we can like or love shows but I think we should soon be able to see consistent trends in captions and that will make it easier for us to rank one corps over another eliminating the personal bias we all have.