2014 Predictions!

1. Blue Devils (Oh good, just what DCI needs: the Blue Devils with extra motivation and a chip on their shoulder)

2. Carolina Crown (Another fantastic, amazing show... with just enough flaws to keep them from a repeat)

3. Bluecoats (Going out on a limb; after the Top 2, I think the field is WIDE OPEN for bronze)

4. The Cadets (Haven't medaled in an even-numbered year since... 2002?! Why? I have no idea. Cadets just seem to run hot/cold, er, hot/warm.)

5. Santa Clara Vanguard (Lost a bunch of age-outs and haven't had three straight Top 5 finishes since 2002-2004. They'll make it, but barely.)

6. Phantom Regiment (Have finished at every spot in the Top 9 over the past 15 years, could be anywhere. This feels right, though, for now.)

7. The Cavaliers (Baby steps. They'll be a LOT closer to the Top 5, though. Only tenths behind Phantom instead of 3 points.)

8. Boston Crusdaers (Seems like they're a lock to score right around 90 at Finals every year, regardless of what placement that is.)

9. Madison Scouts (Average Finals score, last four years: 88.65. Been waiting for them to take that "next step" back into Top 6. Still waiting.)

10. Blue Knights (They always seem like they're about ready to drop out of Finals. But they've made it in 10 straight seasons.)

11. Troopers (Liked so much of what I saw from them this year. Expecting a big 2014 out of Troop.)

12. Colts (They seem about due for their once-a-decade Finals appearance.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. Spirit of Atlanta (If any of the above three falter, this is the corps that will pass them.)

14. The Academy (This corps is too good to be playing around in 19th place. They had a rough 2008 and rebounded the next season, too.)

15. Blue Stars (Much like Phantom, their "formula" feels a little stale and they need to shake things up. Will that happen in 2014?)

16. Crossmen (Doesn't feel right putting them here, but some must drop if others are to rise.)

17. Oregon Crusaders (A corps definitely on a slow-but-steady upward trend.)

18. Pacific Crest (Best season in corps history. The trick is doing that EVERY summer.)

19. Glassmen (I'll be optimistic and hope they return next year.)

20. Mandarins (Best World Class season in corps history. The trick is doing that EVERY summer.)

21. Jersey Surf (Fun or no, I've seen no signs that the quality will improve enough to move them upward.)

22. Pioneer (Has never broken 80.0 in DCI World Class/Division I competition, but they've been on the field every year for 30+ years now.)

23. Cascades (Has the potential to be Top 20 every year, just really need to bust hump on recruitment.)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

SCV

So, who's going to take it all next year?!

The Cadevaliers.

Same as last year.

Some corps will be better.

Some corps will be worse.

Some corps will be about the same.

My placement prediction is that no more than 2 of the World Class Division Corps will move up or down more than 2 placements positions over last season. Ok... so I know what most here are probably thinking with this .. " oh sure, you're really going out on a limb with THAT prediction ."

My placement prediction is that no more than 2 of the World Class Division Corps will move up or down more than 2 placements positions over last season. Ok... so I know what most here are probably thinking with this .. " oh sure, you're really going out on a limb with THAT prediction ."

You're right, Brasso! WAY out on that limb :-)

However you *are* further out than another poster (who shall remain nameless) who mind-numbingly posts "the corps with highest score will win" every year. So kudos for that :ph34r:

:smile:

You're right, Brasso! WAY out on that limb :-)

However you *are* further out than another poster (who shall remain nameless) who mind-numbingly posts "the corps with highest score will win" every year. So kudos for that :ph34r:

I was thinking of predicting that at least 4 shows competitions would be cancelled this summer due to inclement weather. But then decided this would really going out on a limb. :smile:

Edited by BRASSO

1. Blue Devils ---------(Because they learned their mistake... Don't make the drill that hard...)

2. Bluecoats ---------(Because if anyone shoots up randomly, it'll be these guys)

3. Crown ---------------(Because they'll try to best last years corps with a group that wasn't as good as last year)

4. SCV -----------------(Well, they could actually beat Crown if they managed to build their percussion up even more from last year)

5. Cadets --------------(Because it's an even year and the curse has YET to pass)

6. Phantom ------------(Because they play it too safe... again)

7. Madison ------------(Well, They could beat Phantom if they keep the momentum from last year especially in the percussion section!)

8. Boston --------------(Because they were better than Cavies)

9. Cavies ---------------(Because they tried to "be the Cavaliers" instead of just being who they are)

10. Spirit ----------------(Because...)

11. Blue Knights ------(Because...)

12. Crossmen ---------(Because I actually like their shows now!)

13. Blue Stars ---------(Sorry!)

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

There's ben little chatter thus far. Last year it seemed as if there was more of a buzz.

1. No one has predicted Crown yet, so I'll have them repeat the victory, but it will be interesting to see how they perform as defending champion and not the corps who many believed was robbed in 2012 and 2009.

2. SCV will make the top 3.

3. BD I'm just not feeling a comeback.

4. Bluecoats-this will be the lowest they'll place.

5. BAC

6. Cadets

7. Madison

8. Phantom

9. Cavaliers

10. Troopers

11. Blue Knights--last year I predicted a major fall from grace for BK, based largely on DCP speculation, but not only was I wrong, I actually enjoyed their show.

As for the coveted open space: could be Crossmen, Blue Stars, or Spirit.

For it to be Crossmen: I do not believe show design was their problem last year. Personally I found it engaging and enjoyable and with real potential, but it was missing the fire of 2012 and it wasn't clean enough at the end of the season.

Blue Stars: you had the momentum from missing finals in 2012. Can you get the momentum to place in 2014?

Spirit: You're underrated, and you have some great shows in the past few years, but you need to aim higher.

Dark Horse: Oregon Crusaders

Corps that won't disappoint me if they place in finals: Colts.

Edited by Tim K