2014 Predictions!

i dont think that really matters. Look at the people who stage every move a skater does...

No. I chose above to use a real world example of DCI Drum Corps to boost the validity of my comment observation regarding my assessment that adults primarily drive the scoring and placements in modern day DCI, not marchers in competition. A such, ice skating is irrelevent to my assessment and what they do in that sport.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

No. I chose above to you a real world example of DCI Drum Corps to boost the validity of my comment observation regarding my assessment that adults primarily drive the scoring and placements in modern day DCI, not marchers in competition. A such ice skating is irrelevent to my assessment and wat they do in that sport.

youre right..i hate the comparisons anyway...and I did it....lol............but i do think it must be a combination of all elements to succeed.One can't do it without the other.

Edited by GUARDLING

Do you enjoy their 2012 production?

Whether I did or not, is irrelevent to their placement. As it is with ALL Corps placements. What difference does it make in placements if people enjoyed (or not) the 2012 Jersey Surf show ? It doesn't, so why ask me if I enjoyed the Cavs show or no ?.. its not germane to the assessment I am making on what principally drives placement these days in modern day DCI.

Edited by BRASSO

Have been listening to a lot of stuff from recent years tonight......Oregon Crusaders have something in their musical programming and sound that makes me wonder, how high could they be next year. They've improved in placement every year since 2008 and had a strong 1st showing this previous year in World Class. In my opinion, they've increased the difficulty and quality of their shows, every year since 2009. It's little by little every year, but the consistent improvement from year to year is there for sure, and over a good 5 or so years, that's staring to add up to something special. I've got my eyes on them. I sure as hell love listening to their shows, these past two especially. They sound huge, their presence and intensity is undeniable. I REALLY hope that continues in 2014 regardless of their placement.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

1st - Carolina Crown

Coming off a winning season, Crown will not stop the momentum that they had last year, this could be a new era or they could pull a Phantom 2009, I hop it's the first one.

2nd - Blue Devils

Blue Devils will do well because they are the Blue Devils, I know it's hard to say but they will probably always do well.

3rd - Santa Clara Vanguard

Les Mis was a solid show and I don't think they want to stop the vibe that came from last year. Also SCV and Scheherazade do very well together.

4th - Bluecoats

With such a powerful tune like the Hymn of Axciom, I doubt that they would let that opportunity go wasted. It was a hard choice between Coats and Cadets though.

5th - Cadets

The Cadets have a long history of performing amazing shows, but this one doesn't look particularly exciting to me.

6th - Phantom Regiment

Phantom are doing another beheading show, which I think is starting to get just a tad boring...

7th - Boston Crusaders

Boston are on the rise (see what I did there) and within the decade they will have clinched a top 3 spot. Amazing show last year. Their shows are underrated but I think people are going to start seeing how good they are.

8th - Blue Knights

The Blue Knights are tired of coming in 10th place, coming off quite a good season last year they are hungry for that 90.00er show. Also they need to beat the Cavaliers to have that huge boost of confidence.

9th - Cavaliers

Not really impressed with the Cavaliers as of recent. Their show doesn't strike me as anything special.

10th - Madison Scouts

Madison scouts don't really appeal to me anymore, they had good shows, but recently they have let me down.

11th - Blue Stars

Big year for the Blue Stars, impressed last year.

12th- Spirit of Atlanta

I'm liking SOA, Magnolia sounds cool and exciting but I don't think it will be enough to beat out the Blue Stars.

Swan Lake has a beheading?

Phantom will no doubt find room for one.

• Like 2

Phantom will no doubt find room for one.

Swan Lake is about a Swan Human that ultimately purposefully drowns herself in a lake at the end. Phantom Regiment to portray the beheading of a Swan in their version ? Hide the Children, and PETA will have a fit. Yes, this sure would fit the bill of a " controversial "show if Phantom Regiment portrays the beheading of a freakin' Swan.

' Not Happening, imo

Edited by BRASSO

Swan Lake is about a Swan Human that ultimately purposefully drowns herself in a lake at the end. Phantom Regiment to portray the beheading of a Swan in their version ? Hide the Children, and PETA will have a fit. Yes, this sure would fit the bill of a " controversial "show if Phantom Regiment portrays the beheading of a freakin' Swan.

' Not Happening, imo

Brasso, I love that you are immune to irony.