2014 Predictions!

Copland works well for the Cadets and with a designated professional scripting the narration, I'm comfortable. Talent is high and the corps is filled less two brass players so I'm cautiously optimistic. Not concerned about odd/even years just the chemistry of the design team and they are pretty smart.

2. Blue Coats ---------(Because if anyone shoots up randomly, it'll be these guys)

It's a good thing Michael Boo isn't around at the moment.

• Like 2

I"m hoping for another Carolina Crown win.....after fighting so hard to win the last few years and finally winning,they're not likely to give it up very easy.....and they'll build onto the successes from 2013, and focus a bit more of equality between the percussion and the rest of the corps..they don't want to have any weak spots that could make them vulnerable and lose the title...they should have a high return rate on alumni and new comers looking to be part of Crowns success. ..I'm kinda hoping they don't go back to the cream uniforms, it's so much easier to see dirt in the drill with that color.

I wouldn't be upset at all if Santa Clara Vanguard were to win though...what they did with Les Mis in 2013 was just phenomenal,

Blue Devils are always very good......never placing below 5th places in finals since 1975.....I just wish they would do a show that would be more enjoyable to me.Like I said they're good, but their shows the past few years just don't excite me at all...I liked them in 09' and really liked their 07' shows.

Cadets kinda disappointed me in 13' but they did well and I hope they don't use big props...those towers on the field kind of got in the way and distracted me from their performance.

Can't really see Phantom Regiment doing Swan Lake and placing in the top 3.....what I can see however is the guard in tutu's or leotards with fake feathers incorporated into them though......and to be honest I'll miss watching Dean Patterson conducting them, he was just so professional and confident for a young person.

Bluecoats........they could do really well this year and if we ever get another first time corps title winner like Crown, Bloo is the only other corps that could has the best prospects.

not sure about the rest, I would like to see Troopers and Crossmen back in finals this year.

I'd like to see Blue Knights and Boston Crusaders do a show that's not underrated and instead do something that will gain them more recognition that they deserve.

• Like 1

upon New years reflections...

whoever scores highest wins

• Like 1

I am really hoping for BD to do a 20th anniversary of the 94 show. I doubt it but I can wish.

I think SCV is going to do very well.

I also think Cadets are going to do narration.

I predict that Genesis is going to win Open class. They were really strong last summer and their drumline was darn good. SCVC is going to be very strong. BDB not sure yet...

upon New years reflections...

whoever scores highest wins

... and the highest score by the 2014 eventual Champion in their first show won't top 77.500, but in their Finals perforrmance will top 97.500

Edited by BRASSO

I want to say that as each year's slate of drum corps seems to get stronger and stronger, the top gets more and more amazing. That said, I think you have to now do the unbelievable to win. Though I am not sure Crown was 11 minutes of unbelievable, they had more of that on the field than anyone. Yes, what is unbelievable can be defined, interpreted differently by different people.

There used to be a time where numerous corps would have one, two, or more "unbelievable" moments in their show. It think such happens way less frequently now regarding variety. Though some of the excellence we see is nearly if not literally unbelievable, it has become the norm so to speak. What is the next break through, the next "OMG I can't believe it" offering?

1. BD. Perhaps after years of controlling the judges and the sheets, but not always winning or being a crowd favorite, they finally figure out that more crowd appeal and individual demand is an important component to putting you back on top. (Skip the "but BD has soooo much more demand than meets the eye, blah, blah, blah. I"m not buying it.)

2. Crown. Close battle all year

3. Bluecoats. Keep last year's art and add more visceral "gotcha" moments that are undeniable

4. Cadets. Amazing drums again. Creativity not there yet

5. SCV. Again a crowd favorite

6. Regiment. Show design still not what will move them up

7. Boston. Like where this seems to be going

8. Cavies. Good, but still working to create something their own. Brass improving

9. Madison. Visual still a problem and music continues to lack sophistication

10. Blue Knights. Good again, not quite last year's offering due to program design changes

11. Troopers. Building on last year and deserve to be in this time, allowing them a better chance to stay in

12. Crossmen. Show design matures over last year

13. Blue Stars. Great percussion, rest of corps just not quite up to it

14. Colts. Also building on last year

15. Spirit. Too many staff changes and very young corps