2014 Predictions!

LOL

I have no idea what kind of music Boston is going to use with Animal Farm. Will they start with Old MacDonald? Will they have a horse that gets carted off the field in an ambulance, then sent to the glue factory?

Anyways, opinions are opinions, right?

Lol, indeed !...... you're killing me, BoyWonder ! haha!!

Edited by BRASSO

BoyWonder--did you ever march in a finalist corps? Your logic seems...off...for anyone with actual experience in the game.

because you need to march a finalist corps to have an opinion? i love how this sites all everyone agrees when you put there corps in the top and then if someone says out of finals people call you mental. Remember when Madison dropped out of finals in 07? or when Phantom went from 1st to 9th? #### happens and people drop. IF people called those drops before the season i bet they would be told they are stupid and at the end of the season they would be putting it in your face. Do i believe politics have an effect on scores? yes.Do i think it will happen? no because politics wont let them out because they have become the fan favorite again.

Arguing about placement predictions is as silly and non productive as arguing about the weather predictions found for the Fall months in the Farmers Almanac. On the other hand, I suppose there is little else to discuss and debate about the season, as we are all on an apparent double super secret probation warning re information on the Corps.

because you need to march a finalist corps to have an opinion? i love how this sites all everyone agrees when you put there corps in the top and then if someone says out of finals people call you mental. Remember when Madison dropped out of finals in 07? or when Phantom went from 1st to 9th? #### happens and people drop. IF people called those drops before the season i bet they would be told they are stupid and at the end of the season they would be putting it in your face. Do i believe politics have an effect on scores? yes.Do i think it will happen? no because politics wont let them out because they have become the fan favorite again.

I would totally agree if he wouldn't have said that he hopes they fall out, which is pretty classless and insulting to the MMs of Madison. If they fall, let it be because you doubt the show design or something you can try to back up, not because you have some ill will towards Madison. You can dislike the shows and their design choices, but hoping they fall.........I dunno. Maybe that's just me. I wish all the corps the best, and whoever does the best with what they have should make it in. Period.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

I guess I didn't mean to say ill-will towards the Scouts. I just would rather see the Crossmen or some other up-and-comer push through, like Academy or maybe the Colts. Pacific Crest seems to have their stuff going a little better every year.

I also had forgotten the unwritten rule on this forum about talking down on the Scouts.

Anyways, it's just stupid speculation anyways. Whatever I said means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. But it would be funny if I ended up being correct at the end.

I also am really not a fan of the Blue Devils at all, but I did predict them to win. So maybe that goes to show I'm not totally biased after all.

Anyways, I'm just digging myself into a deeper hole now, aren't I?

• Like 2

I also had forgotten the unwritten rule on this forum about talking down on the Scouts.

its fine.. you rephrased it so you don't come off as actually cheering that they fail. ( which was your original comment ).. so it should be no longer an issue anymore with your fellow DCPers, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Some posters have made a good suggestion on this thread for us to revisit this thread in a few weeks when the season is over to see how we did on our preseason predictions. I think that could be a fun exercise, as nobody really knows much of anything at all on these Corps right now, so these predictions are all for sheets and giggles, really. Most here probably will be embarrassed on their preseason predictions, myself included. With that being said, I 'll make some generalized preseason predictions here and actually hope that I am found to be mostly wrong and completely embarrassed by how thoroughly wrong I will be shown to be on these predictions of mine. Anyway, here goes:

From 2013 to 2014, of the 25 Corps that will compete in this season's Semi Finals :

A) No more than one of them will be a new Corps from 2013 that makes the Top 12.

B) No more than one Corps of these 25 will finish more than 5 placement positions removed from last season's finish.

C) No more than 3 Corps of the 25 will finish more than 3 placement positions removed from last season.

D) Of these 25 Corps, only one of the trifecta of Crown/ Blue Devils/ Cadets will win the 2014 Title.

E) Whichever Corps wins the Semi Finals, they will also go out and perform and win the Title the next evening among the other 11 Corps that they will compete against that evening.

F) The Blue Devils and Crown will both at least medal.

G) Whichever Corps wins the 2014 Title, we will find that they finished no lower than runner up in Guard as well that evening.

F) The 2015 season DCP placement prediction thread will start from another poster here on DCP within a week of the completion of the 2014 season.

Anyway, these are my 8 DCP preseason predictions. As someone that likes variety in DCI placements from year to year, I am hoping that I will be proven wrong on every one of my predictions and will be totally embarrassed and with egg on my face come the end of August, 2014.

Edited by BRASSO

The 2015 prediction thread will start within 24 hours after the 2014 finals.

• Like 1

12. Spirit

13 Crossmen

14 Troopers

15 Oregon Crusaders

16 Colts

17 Pacific Crest

These corps will all be within 3 points (85-88) of each other at finals

Once they hit Atlanta, placement will only change by 1 place for 3 of these corps.

• Like 1