2014 Predictions!

I'd like to see a really good SCV show now like a lot of people. I really liked them last year. There's some really good stuff corps all over are doing this upcoming season, lots of it I'm not allowed to talk about that I've heard from people (effing opsec for you I guess :huh2: ) I think 2014 will be another really big year, this are going to be really difficult.

I've noticed an absence of Music City. They're back - and they had a tremendous turnout at their December camp. They made the top 25 for the first time in 2013. I wouldn't expect anything less from them in 2014.

I thought that we heard that Music City had folded up shop after completing last year? Was that info wrong or has something new happened that I missed? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I thought that we heard that Music City had folded up shop after completing last year? Was that info wrong or has something new happened that I missed? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

When the season ended, the corps announced that it was not returning to the field. It appeared as though they had, in fact, folded. However, since that initial announcement, they made headway on the needed resources. Music City has since annouced their return to full operations. They held their audition camp in December and had a tremendous turnout. They expect to come back bigger and better than ever.

For more info, please see the www.musiccitydrumcorps.org or the Music City Drum Corps facebook page. Also, check out this news report on their camp: http://www.newschannel5.com/category/125220/video-landing-page?clipId=9635672&autostart=true

(Please note that I am not a spokesperson or representative for the corps ).

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Blue Devils after a non championship year come out firing on absolutely all cylinders, so it'll be hard to beat them See 2009 and 2012. They have a formula, staff consistency, and talent that will not fail them any time soon.

Crown is coming off of a championship season, so I'm not sure what is going to happen. Either it's going to be they found their niche and they will go on a run for a few years or they will be good, but it just doesn't click. Hope the drums keep improving, thought they were stronger in 2013 as compared to 2012. Front ensemble was fantastic.

From the looks of the dec camp bumble bee thing, I think crown has found a niche musically with clearly another year where they have the eyes on the prize. They've definitely become the wind/brass ensemble technique voice in the pack like BD might be jazz or phantom opera. They'll probably have the musics in the bag and my optimistic guess is percussion can't get any worse and it ultimately didn't cost them last year anyway. It seems from what I've heard that they just didn't have the book, not necessarily lack of chops to place in their pack, so I think a better written drum show is a little easier than pulling off a bad news bears comeback in that department.

Crown is coming off a champ season, but it was only two summers ago and a few before that where they teetered between 4th and 2nd, and up until semis night last year, it looked like another 2nd. But a #back2back is definitely a possibility, but I think it will come down to their visual package. I'll stick to my guns when I say they can't fool everyone for too much longer with their odd, lackluster vis programs, they won the vis trophy two years now with both viable BD, phantom, cadets, and vanguard corps in the ring with them. I really hate to pull the vis/graphic designer card (as if you could even believe that on the internet), but my readings of the crownband have always been behind a lot of those other corps around them, but I'll concede the clear difference between what I look for and what judges might look for.

I've found that even when BD on fire, they tend to be judged against themselves (every corps is to a degree, but BD especially) and they get less credit for genuinely good design relative to the corps around them and I don't think this was more true than in 08 and to a lesser extent 13. so here's my crappy estimates.

1 or 2. BD

1 or 2. Crown (I know, taking the high road copying everyone else's top two)

3. PR-These kids get beat too, but maybe they'll stop trying to repeat 08.

4. SCV-JD knows what he's doing

5. Cadets-I'm not hearing good things show design wise.

6. Coats-maybe one more year on that weird technique and they'll shake the habit

7. Boston-These kids get beat into being good every year.

8. Spirit-I was pretty impressed with their performance, just not their show last year.

9. Madison-I'm sorry, but DCI and their portrayal of things military is absolutely tasteless.

10. Cavaliers-I really think they got mercy-ed into 7th last year.

11. BK-I've noticed the bottom 6 getting a lot cleaner, maybe due to less ambitious shows difficulty wise compared to the previous decade, but hey, it looks good

12. This is a real toss up, so idk

• Like 1

When the season ended, the corps announced that it was not returning to the field. It appeared as though they had, in fact, folded. However, since that initial announcement, they made headway on the needed resources. Music City has since annouced their return to full operations. They held their audition camp in December and had a tremendous turnout. They expect to come back bigger and better than ever.

For more info, please see the www.musiccitydrumcorps.org or the Music City Drum Corps facebook page. Also, check out this news report on their camp: http://www.newschannel5.com/category/125220/video-landing-page?clipId=9635672&autostart=true

(Please note that I am not a spokesperson or representative for the corps ).

Thanks for the update. Kind of surprised that info had not been talked about on DCP yet.

Is it still the same management and design team in place?

1. Blue Devils

2. Santa Clara Vanguard

3.Carolina Crown

(gap)

4. Bluecoats

5.Cadets

(gap)

6. Cavaliers

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Phantom Regiment

(gap)

9. Madison Scouts

10. Spirit of Atlanta

11. Blue Stars

12. Crossmen

13. Blue Knights (not a hater, i love their last 2 shows, but I"m predicting a fallout)

14. Troopers

Edited by How_Will_It_End?

1. Crown - I think they can pull off the repeat.

2. Blue Devils - They, once again, will not go down without a fight.

3. SCV - Taking some firsts and seconds along the way, but ultimately finishing a strong 3rd.

---

4. Bluecoats - just barely over the Cadets

5. Cadets - Bad show design has bit them before

6. Cavies - 2012 was a mess, but last year they started pulling it back together. My guess is they'll continue to improve.

7. Phantom - I'm worried this is just going to be the 4th princess story in a row. Would like to be proved wrong.

---

8. Boston - Continue to improve, but not enough to rise (HAHA sorry) in placement.

9. Scouts - Probably duking it out with BAC again most of the year, but once again may put the audience over the competition (not necessarily a bad thing)

---

10. Blue Knights - Consistently in finals, don't see this year being different.

11. Blue Stars - See Cavies.

---

12. Troopers - Building on last year, they just barely top Spirit and Crossmen to make finals

13. Spirit - Like Madison, difficulty may suffer in favor of enjoyability. Young corps and new staff won't help. Very close with Crossmen.

14. Crossmen - Make necessary adjustments over last year. May not keep up with Troops momentum, but will be close to SoA.

---

15. Academy - They have the talent; were just lacking design last year. Better choices lead to a jump in placement.

16. Colts - Improve over last year, but can't quite keep up with the rebounding Academy

17. PC - See Colts.

---

18. Oregon Crusaders - Back and forth with Mandarins all year.

19. Mandarins - Back and forth with OC all year.

---

20. Jersey Surf - Solid 20th out of World Class corps; may fall to the top 1 or 2 in Open Class again.

21. Cascades - Improving over last year and staying ahead of more Open corps to make Semis

22. Pioneer - Another pretty traditional show will hold their score back yet again.

Edited by Spandy

1. SCV

2. BD

3. Crown

4. Cadets

5. Bluecoats

6. BAC

7. Phantom

8. Madison

9. Cavies

10. BK

11. Troop