2014 Predictions!

I think this year is still a toss up with several corps in the hunt.

My favorite show is definitely "Immortal". Cavies are the most improved corps for 2014. I love their percussion section, especially the marimbas. But my favorite moment is their ballad. Beautiful phrasing and what a lush baritone solo. They are definitely miles ahead of the past two seasons.

Don't count them out of the top 3 or 4. This hornline is better than 2011 and so is the drumline. That year they placed in the top 3. I have a feeling by the end of July they will be a contender. Forget the last two seasons, this is definitely a better corps with a much better staff (especially brass).

If the guard can keep improving and their visual scores keep climbing, I think they will be a surprise.

• Like 2

. Cavies are the most improved corps for 2014.

Maybe.... maybe not. July 9th is not the time to make that evaluation, imo... the Cavies are in the mix however with 2, 3 other Corps for this distinction. We'll know definatively by Championships when we compare scores/ placements from last year to this year. Generally, no more than 3 Corps move up or down more than 3 placement positions from the previous year. But Cavies could be one of them for 2014... time will tell.

Yea, immortal is where it's at. Top 3 is not out of their reach if they play their cards right and actually have more cards. Such an interesting show with many visual and some musical similarities to 2009.

Judging by your posts im gonna take a shot in the dark. Are you a cavies fan? :tongue:

Of course!

• Like 1

Judging solely on the trend this season I'm going to have to go with a pretty vague ranking system. I feel like this year is unfortunately a battle for 2nd. BD just seems too far out of reach for anyone to catch up at this point. I hate it. I don't like BD and probably never will. Idk why exactly, but I'm just not a fan.

1. BD

2-5. Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats, Vanguard

6-9. Cavaliers, Phantom, Madison Scouts, BK

Aaaaand I don't really follow the rest. I just now started following BK because them breaking 80 could rattle Madison's placement, but the stretch between the corps at 6-9 is too far apart for it to change too much from what it is now IMO. Cavies are more likely to break top 5 than the others, but I'd like that gap to close too. Wouldn't it be nice if all top 7 corps had a shot at winning because of how close the scores were?

I would love to see the gap between BD and everyone else get much smaller and make it a great competition for 1st, but I just don't see that happening. I'm all for new champions and I'd love to see Bluecoats take it all.

Btw I do like basing my rankings off unrelated shows, though. Kind of like a high score method. Corps are ranked based on their highest scores to date whether or not they've competed against each other or if they've dipped a few points in later shows. Ofcourse, nothing is really official until San Antonio where they finally all compete against each other. I really want to go to that show.

Judging solely on the trend this season I'm going to have to go with a pretty vague ranking system. I feel like this year is unfortunately a battle for 2nd. BD just seems too far out of reach for anyone to catch up at this point. I hate it. I don't like BD and probably never will. Idk why exactly, but I'm just not a fan.

1. BD

Aaaaand I don't really follow the rest. I just now started following BK because them breaking 80 could rattle Madison's placement, but the stretch between the corps at 6-9 is too far apart for it to change too much from what it is now IMO. Cavies are more likely to break top 5 than the others, but I'd like that gap to close too. Wouldn't it be nice if all top 7 corps had a shot at winning because of how close the scores were?

I would love to see the gap between BD and everyone else get much smaller and make it a great competition for 1st, but I just don't see that happening. I'm all for new champions and I'd love to see Bluecoats take it all.

The gap is actually quite small. 1 point is nothing at this point in the season. It indicates very, very small differences in captions that can turn on a dime.

1. BD

Way too early to give the trophy to BD. Everyone now in the clean/change/fix mode. ANYTHING can happen and usually does. BD can be beaten.

• Like 1

Btw I do like basing my rankings off unrelated shows,

nm...

Edited by BRASSO