2014 Predictions!

Judging solely on the trend this season I'm going to have to go with a pretty vague ranking system. I feel like this year is unfortunately a battle for 2nd. BD just seems too far out of reach for anyone to catch up at this point. I hate it. I don't like BD and probably never will. Idk why exactly, but I'm just not a fan.

1. BD

2-5. Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats, Vanguard

6-9. Cavaliers, Phantom, Madison Scouts, BK

Aaaaand I don't really follow the rest. I just now started following BK because them breaking 80 could rattle Madison's placement, but the stretch between the corps at 6-9 is too far apart for it to change too much from what it is now IMO. Cavies are more likely to break top 5 than the others, but I'd like that gap to close too. Wouldn't it be nice if all top 7 corps had a shot at winning because of how close the scores were?

I would love to see the gap between BD and everyone else get much smaller and make it a great competition for 1st, but I just don't see that happening. I'm all for new champions and I'd love to see Bluecoats take it all.

1 point is not a large gap.

1 point is not a large gap.

This is an accurate assessment, imo

BD however looks bound to be either 1st or 2nd come Atlanta Regionals, (or the latest by Allentown ) which tells me, 1 of the 3 Corps of, Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats, is probably going to be on the outside looking in when their busses roll into Indy for Championships. No way the DCI Judges at Championships want to be given the task of choosing among 4 Corps as to who the Champion for 2014 is going to be. They'll have this narrowed down for certain by then, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

We barely know that this gap is even valid. 1 meeting with 2 out of 3 other contenders (on separate nights) that shows inconsistent caption rankings between those 2 by comparison with the new party (BD) does not, whatsoever, indicate any sort of trend or clear leader. If the captions had lined up, it would be a different story.

The judges don't have a consensus on the order of subcaption slotting, therefore there is no consensus on brackets of competition.

The second TOC show will be the first remotely clear, however limited (due to arbitrary performance order), picture of the competitive nature of BD with the other 3.

• Like 2

No way the DCI Judges at Championships want to be given the task of choosing among 4 Corps as to who the Champion for 2014 is going to be. They'll have this narrowed down for certain by then, imo.

Sounds like that "S" word...SLO_ _ING...if 4 corps are equally as good...then it should be a four way race..regardless of what the judges "want"...if they "narrow down" that 4th corps before finals...then the Final placements are not decided on performance, but on ease of judging..I would like to see the #1 spot bounce around among several corps right up until the last night...make it a fair fight..one that comes down to one performance...regardless of what corps you are...

This is an accurate assessment, imo

BD however looks bound to be either 1st or 2nd come Atlanta Regionals, (or the latest by Allentown ) which tells me, 1 of the 3 Corps of, Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats, is probably going to be on the outside looking in when their busses roll into Indy for Championships. No way the DCI Judges at Championships want to be given the task of choosing among 4 Corps as to who the Champion for 2014 is going to be. They'll have this narrowed down for certain by then, imo.

You forgot to say Cadevaliers

• Like 2

Sounds like that "S" word...SLO_ _ING...if 4 corps are equally as good...then it should be a four way race..regardless of what the judges "want"...if they "narrow down" that 4th corps before finals...then the Final placements are not decided on performance, but on ease of judging..I would like to see the #1 spot bounce around among several corps right up until the last night...make it a fair fight..one that comes down to one performance...regardless of what corps you are...

I never bought into the notion that Finals performances decide the Champion. First of all, the judges are wonderful, and trust worthy, and experienced people. But they're hearing is not better than anyone elses. The judges in the booth at Finals can't really hear with all that noise of the fans right in front of them, where the Finals crowd is louder and larger than any the judges faced all year. So by and large, except for an outlier occurance, whichever Corps wins the Semi's almost invariably wins the Title. Which is kind of unusual to say the least when you think about it, as we have a completely different judging panel, and where its logically inconceivable that all the top 4 Corps at Finals put on the same performance levels as they did in the Semi's. But.. it is what it is, and so thats that.

Edited by BRASSO

You forgot to say Cadevaliers

I was counting on you Spandy for it ( haha!)... so thanks.

We barely know that this gap is even valid. 1 meeting with 2 out of 3 other contenders (on separate nights) that shows inconsistent caption rankings between those 2 by comparison with the new party (BD) does not, whatsoever, indicate any sort of trend or clear leader. If the captions had lined up, it would be a different story.

The judges don't have a consensus on the order of subcaption slotting, therefore there is no consensus on brackets of competition.

The second TOC show will be the first remotely clear, however limited (due to arbitrary performance order), picture of the competitive nature of BD with the other 3.

There goes that ugly word....."slotting".

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1