2014 Predictions!

Where do people think BDB will fit into the mix? 82.65 tonight at OC Championships.

I think the number will likely go down a little, mostly due to numbers management. But they should beat several regular World Class Corps (as well SCVC).

Here we go! With +/- from my preseason predictions.

1. Blue Devils-(+1) A BD show that most people love! I am alright with seeing them win this year.

2. Cadets-(+3) Great show! I personally love the narration, but that seems to just be me.

3. Bluecoats-(+1) As much as I would love to see them moving up, we have to be realistic. Well deserved bronze!

4. Carolina Crown-(-3) Obviously a great brass line, just a show I could never get into.

5. Santa Clara Vanguard-(-2) I don't see the judges giving them the nod over Crown deserved or not. I have been wrong before.

6. Cavaliers- (+1) Props to the Cavies for coming back in a very strong way this season!

7. Blue Knights- (+5) Truely a great show concept.

8. Phantom Regiment-(-2) Let's be honest, they have struggled all season with this show.

9. Boston Crusaders-(=) I had very high hopes at the beginning of the season. We all know the story about the dirt though.

10. Blue Stars-(=) I see them coming on top of Scouts, however the competition between the two will prevent either one of them topping BaC.

11. Madison Scouts-(-3) They have done an impressive job making the necessary changes this season.

12. Crossmen-(+1) Not huge on the show. Also not huge on the fact that it seems like there is no race for 12th this season :(

• Like 1

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Phantom Regiment

7. Cavaliers

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Knights

10. Madison Scouts

11. Blue Stars

12. Crossmen

/***************************************************/

13. Spirit of Atlanta

14. Troopers

15. Colts

16. Oregon Crusaders

17. Pacific Crest

Pretty dam close, so far, for a March guess.

Edited by Ghost

Here were my predictions pre-season.

1)Blue Devs

2)Cadets -1

3)Bluecoats +1

4)Crown -1

5) SCV +1

6)Cavs

7)Blue Knights -1

8) Boston -2

9) Phantom +2

10)Spirit -6 (counting only WC corps)

11)Blue Stars +2

12)Scouts +1

18 cumulative placement spots off. Spirit really hurt. Hurt a lot of peoples' predictions, I'd bet.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

So I went back from the beginning of this thread, and counted up all of everyone's predictions.

I gave a point for every position off. I.E. if Cadets were guessed 2nd, 1 point was given. If Spirit was picked 10th, 6 points were given. Not counting OC corps.

I only counted a prediction if it included the top 12 in order. If there were ties, or 2 corps that were "8/9" for example, that were guessed, I counted the first one listed as that position. I also only counted the first 12 listed. If predictions were made beyond 12th, I didn't count them. Most people did only guess at the top 12.

The winner is:

How_Will_It_End on March 4th picked all 12 correct Finalists. I also believe that this was the only prediction that correctly guessed all 12 Finalists. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1)BD - 0

2)Cadets - 1

3)Crown - 2

4)Bluecoats - 2

5)Vanguard - 1

6)Phantom - 1

7)Cavaliers - 1

8)Boston - 2

9)Blue Knights - 1

10)Scouts - 1

11)Blue Stars - 2

12)Crossmen - 0

Total of 14 pts.

mjyaub also had a total of 14 points, but predicted Troopers in Finals.

Other close predictions included:

madisonscoutsfan - 16 - 1st guess, & Boston not in Finals; revised later for 17pts, with Boston back in Finals, and BK and Xmen out.

me - 18 (had Crossmen out of Finals)

hostrauser - 18 (had both Blue Stars and Crossmen out of Finals - also note this prediction was made in August, 2013)

theCHEZman -18, revised on June 4th for 19pts

chaos001 - 18, revised on June 3rd for 20pts

DrumManTx 18, revised on June 1st for 22pts

There were many predictions that added up to 20-22 pts, too many to count.

I also stopped looking at posts dated after June 18th, which was the date of the first competition.

Edited by BoyWonder1911
  • Like 2