What would YOU like to see from each corps next season?

I don't really have much to complain about from this years corps in general, but the only thing I would ask for from Cadets is to give us back that whiplash drill with hard music.

I honestly just really want to see a good old fashioned showdown between Cadets and Crown next year all the way to finals day for the title that makes it difficult for the judges to decide the 2014 World Champion.

Oh wait, one more thing. CADETS, PLEASE PUT THE STRIPE BACK ON THE PANTS. Pretty Please???

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 3

MORE OF THE SAME!!

This was a great year for drum corps, maybe my favorite year since 1992. I'd love to see Crown's percussion continue to improve, Cadets guard to improve, SCV's brass to improve. I'd love to see Cavaliers visual design improve. I'd really like to see Madison take a chance with their show design and make a push for Top 6.

I don't know how to make Bluecoats score higher: I really dug their design this year, and I wonder if their 5th place was more of a case of "top 4 were off-the-hook" instead of "Bluecoats had some programatic issues." But it would be fun to see Bluecoats challenge for a Top 3 spot next season. I don't know how, but it would be fun!

I guess I want to see insane competition next year:

a five-way fight for Top 3

a three-way fight for 1st

a nine-way fight for Top 6

a 11-way fight for Finals

For the most part this was a great year, and the only thing I want to see next year is more of the same BUT someone everyone needs to improve to make the competition even MORE exciting!

no pressure designers/staff/members, right... :rolleyes::tongue:

With only 31 age outs I hope to see Spirit kick it up a notch. They've steadily improved each of the past three years, now they are veteran heavy, assuming they return. Don't do a redo of '86. Would like to see them break new ground with some Copland.

All corps: MUCH less dependence on synth for bass and doubled brass parts. I don't want to hear it in the mix.

I don't really have much to complain about from this years corps in general, but the only thing I would ask for from Cadets is to give us back that whiplash drill with hard music.

I honestly just really want to see a good old fashioned showdown between Cadets and Crown next year all the way to finals day for the title that makes it difficult for the judges to decide the 2014 World Champion.

Oh wait, one more thing. CADETS, PLEASE PUT THE STRIPE BACK ON THE PANTS. Pretty Please???

Cadets, keep doing what you're doing in brass and percussion, amazing and that's why you won the music caption. Solid in the real captions, not the opinion polls. Definitely reinvigorate your visual program. You were and can be again, the leaders in visual with those amazing Jeff Saktig drills. Clean your guard and NO MORE fu@$/@$ PROPS! You suck at props... And put the stripe back on the pants, gives definition and its classic..

Edited by newjerseycorpguy
  • Like 2

1376249174[/url]' post='3309661']

More drumset please. I love jazz and any part of shows where I can just groove to. BD had a lot of great jazz/grooving moments this year. More of that!

And Jacob from Blue Stars! He was going to do BDB and my son really clicked with him. They jammed a bit. Then he left for Blue Stars.

You mean, this?

Oddly enough, I've noticed more recently that the pants of corps uniforms and naturally, guard unis, seem to really be hitched up high and reveal way too much--just like in that video above. Why do they design the unis like that? ::shudder::

I agree with this.... too much junk. I don't need to see anyone's inner horse in Drum Corps uniforms.

• Like 1

Phantom, move away from the stories, and do Symphonie Fantastique! Talk about a great revisit...

I have been saying this for years now! IMO, that was one of the most under the radar shows in DCI. I loved it so much that as soon as I got home from tour, I went out and found it on cassette tape!

Yes, I said tape! tongue.gif

I would love to see BD come out and just do a straight up, hit you over the head, old-school jazz show adapted to today's DCI. If SCV and Troopers can go "modern old school", so can BD.

Just one year. That's all I'm asking. You hear me, Dave?