What would YOU like to see from each corps next season?

I agree with this.... too much junk. I don't need to see anyone's inner horse That's generous, don't you think?? lol in Drum Corps uniforms.

Like these?

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/chaoticregiment/1095080_10151775796413703_985042796_n.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/chaoticregiment/536934_10151775796418703_807063343_n.jpg

Or how about a re-do of "New World Symphony"?! :)

Would love it! It was a shame that ran against SCV that year. They played the closer from that year in the encore a couple of years back and it was awesome.

It's will be the 25 anniversary since SCV won with Phantom of the Opera...just saying

OK Now I want this too. Why not have BD do their great jazz show from that year while we are at it since everybody wants a classic BD show. Madison did slaughter that year so they are good to go. That was a great year. Although Cadets couldn't do les mis.

Edited by mountaineers97

OMG. SCV should do another Phantom of the Opera remake. No joke.

Two weeks ago I started a poll about Phantom of the Opera and was shot down and told it was to soon and it would be like shooting a dead horse. I disagree, if done right, it would be amazing and could be the push for another medal.

Crown- im not sure what else i could want from them next year. Brilliant show this year. Just keep doin what you do.

BD. I would like to see a straight up jazz show with no props and no micd solos. Is that so hard?

Cadets. It seems roughly every other year cadets come out with a serious show. Toy souldier-angels and demons-12.25-side by side. So next year.... idk. Something silly but not annoying.

SCV i "get" that this is the 25th anniversary of arguably the greatest show of all time. I wont be upset watching a phantom themed show... but id rather see this squad return a lot of members and be given a book that can really challenge the top tier. They wouldve beaten cadets with ease with a better music score. They did as much as they could with miz musically.

Thats it for now.

You keep going after SCVs "weak" musical content in a bunch of posts around here. It's getting old. We know, you think their show was easy.

I'll take that kind of easy OVER the mashup of music that was the Cadet's show ANY day of the week. There are so many people on here that go after BD, as an example, for their lack of drill. The response is that there are different types of "hard". SCVs show was difficult enough to show what they wanted to show. I think they could have won with it.

• Like 3

For next year

Crown - keep the excellent with less narration

BD - connect with the audience

Cadets - don't do a mashup

SCV - 25 years since Phantom... time to dust it off and give it another go?

Phantom - 25 years since New World Symphony... ^^^

Cavaliers - Willing to buy a Gladiator show, please!

Madison - loved your 2013 program. Consider another something 'original' instead of playing spanish music for the Nth time.

All corps - no more squatting brass/drums. You can be visually stimulating in other ways but that one.

Two weeks ago I started a poll about Phantom of the Opera and was shot down and told it was to soon and it would be like shooting a dead horse. I disagree, if done right, it would be amazing and could be the push for another medal.

If 25 years is too soon...

:sad:/>

They could look at the Phantom sequel too. Love Never Dies has some wonderful pieces.

Edited by cavie95

Scouts playing the music from "Man of Steele" or "Batman Begins"!

I would LOVE to see Crown do some of David Diamond's Symphony no. 2 Movement 4. A piece not as well known as some and there could be some potentially FANTASTIC brass moments taken from It.

it would also be cool if Crown/BD/SCV or any of the top corps did something from the Tron: Legacy soundtrack. While most of it is electronic based, there are some insanely gorgeous songs that I think would transfer perfectly to the field for a ballad or "soft" ending.

• Like 1