What would YOU like to see from each corps next season?

You keep going after SCVs "weak" musical content in a bunch of posts around here. It's getting old. We know, you think their show was easy.

I'll take that kind of easy OVER the mashup of music that was the Cadet's show ANY day of the week. There are so many people on here that go after BD, as an example, for their lack of drill. The response is that there are different types of "hard". SCVs show was difficult enough to show what they wanted to show. I think they could have won with it.

So go after the Cadets in the same tongue. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I would LOVE to see Crown do some of David Diamond's Symphony no. 2 Movement 4. A piece not as well known as some and there could be some potentially FANTASTIC brass moments taken from It.

I've only heard vague things about Diamond before now, so at your mentioning this I looked the piece up. WOW. There's fantastic material throughout the entire work that could provide enough to make an absolute home run of a drum corps show. It's like Copland meets Bruckner meets a movie score feeling meets the awesome flair of the 20th and 21st centuries with a whole bunch of other things thrown in. This stuff needs to get put on the field. thumbup.gif

I've only heard vague things about Diamond before now, so at your mentioning this I looked the piece up. WOW. There's fantastic material throughout the entire work that could provide enough to make an absolute home run of a drum corps show. It's like Copland meets Bruckner meets a movie score feeling meets the awesome flair of the 20th and 21st centuries with a whole bunch of other things thrown in. This stuff needs to get put on the field. thumbup.gif

Too true. It's just so enthralling. I believe The Woodlands HS of the BOA circuit used it this past season (2012) for their closer, but that is the only instance I know of it being fielded.

A possible list of show titles:

Crown: "Inception"

"Blowing your mind with our blowing..."

BD: "Configure, Conspire, Idaho Swishy Blue 5.2"

"couldn't always from far ago when to able? ...Peaches."

Cadets: "A Few of My Favorite Things"

"(Does not include The South)"

Phantom: "The Undead"

"And you thought only living people could be killed..."

SCV: "Phantom of the Opera: Part 3"

"Because... Phuck it."

Bluecoats: "Maybe It's Meaningless?"

"Society, man... The Human Condition, man..."

Cavaliers: "The Cavaliers by The Cavaliers"

"Just incase you dont recognize us by watching our show we made it our show title."

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

Let's see...25 years since SCV did the "unthinkable" and repeated, albeit differently arranged, a near perfect fan favorite show and won it all. Hmmmm.....