The staff merrigoround

Not a bad idea. Maybe he'll go back there after taking a year off. Would be interested to see his approach to brass playing at Regiment though. More symphonic sounds, little less truck horn.

Or strangled goose.

But seriously, those Jupiter mellos are pure #### once they get over C5. (Hell, even before then!)

The baritones were just as bad, and they knew it before the season started...so many problems with those horns. Should've stuck with an all euph section.

PS: I'm talking about the quality of the instruments, not the players.

Edited by chaos001
  • Like 2

Regiment has a dynasty, called the Brothers Ferrell (Tim and Dan) who have been a part of Regiment since the '70s. And 'they', as President of the Board and Program Director, run the ship and control the major decisions concerning corps identity, performance, direction, music choice/arrangement, visual design, staff, etc...

Sorry, by "dynasty" I meant an era where Phantom Regiment consistently wins (or is in the hunt for) a DCI title.

I'm more than aware of the "Pharaohs" dynasty.

Tim and Dan Pharaoh....let my people go.....and march and play with freedom. :tongue:

Bluecoats DO NOT need to f with the Hornline. Doug Thrower is a God among men. Give us something to see that matches what we hear and they could challenge for the title next year.

• Like 5

Sorry, by "dynasty" I meant an era where Phantom Regiment consistently wins (or is in the hunt for) a DCI title.

I'm more than aware of the "Pharaohs" dynasty.

Tim and Dan Pharaoh....let my people go.....and march and play with freedom. tongue.gif

DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by eric49

Bluecoats DO NOT need to f with the Hornline. Doug Thrower is a God among men. Give us something to see that matches what we hear and they could challenge for the title next year.

Agreed. I think they just need to get off to a stronger start next season - maybe tweak their off season and/or May move-in camp process... This year Coats really impressed me and finished very strong!!

• Like 1

Do the staff get DCI title rings as well? Just wondering if it would be like the coaches in sports.

Yes. They receive the option to purchase them. Most of the time however it will say staff on it instead of a caption like a marching member ring does.

Yes. They receive the option to purchase them. Most of the time however it will say staff on it instead of a caption like a marching member ring does.

Rings are designed by the corps, not by DCI, and can say whatever the corps wants them to. Some corps differentiate by caption, some do not.