The staff merrigoround

1379100194[/url]' post='3323562']

Dude, you continually use the phrase bad marching band drill. What does that mean?

Is that different than bad drum corps drill?

There are a lot of both, just like there are great marching band and drum corps drill.

My interpretation:, "Marching band" seems to be applied to any drill deemed to be too easy or no to someone's taste and it goes back quite a while. I remember hearing it said back in the 70's though it is more common today. Now a young man I know who id getting ready for his band's competition believes they will win this year because they have a "drum corps drill" so my guess is that for a band the words "drum corps" describing your drill is a high compliment for a band and "marching band" for a drum corps is a put down.

Edited by Tim K

Sad to see KC Michel go, but Spaeth is a good replacement... hopefully he has a lot of say with the guard direction as well.

I wish they hired someone with a reputation for vis. caption head... not sure that will turn out so well for them.

they really need a different program coordinator....

Josh Scott has been working on their brass and vis staff for a few years now, I'm pretty sure he's even led rehearsals several times. He knows the program, he knows the approach; I'm fairly confident that he can keep their recent visual execution in a good place.

Josh Scott has been working on their brass and vis staff for a few years now, I'm pretty sure he's even led rehearsals several times. He knows the program, he knows the approach; I'm fairly confident that he can keep their recent visual execution in a good place.

He's also the one who put in a lot of those awkward visual moves. Let's keep that in mind.

• Like 2

So did Nick Scotella ...

Josh Scott has been putting in significant contributions to Phantom's visual for a number of years now. He was essentially second-in-command to whichever Emmert was there on a given day, except from time to time when neither was there and he ran rehearsal himself.

Long story short, this is the best possible move they could make continuity-wise and their visual will continue to be good.

And Dwight has years of experience that'll be missing from the staff. He might not have been loved all the time because of his methods, but he could be very effective.

I can tell you now that Josh isn't the right person for the job. I know the kids don't care for him. He doesn't have the experience needed to take this group forward, IMO.

• Like 1