The staff merrigoround

Its interesting that they are going in a new direction from a sound design perspective. Kevin Shah had been doing their sound design, and in my opinion, they had found some of the best and most creative ways to integrate the new capabilities from the very beginning. It will be interesting a) to see where Kevin goes next, and b) how the new guy does.

Either way, I'm always excited to see Bluecoats on the field.

• Like 1

Its interesting that they are going in a new direction from a sound design perspective. Kevin Shah had been doing their sound design, and in my opinion, they had found some of the best and most creative ways to integrate the new capabilities from the very beginning. It will be interesting a) to see where Kevin goes next, and b) how the new guy does.

Either way, I'm always excited to see Bluecoats on the field.

Kevin will be writing the front ensemble book for the Blue Knights.

1379301403[/url]' post='3323768']

From what I understand, everyone actually likes Josh. It's Dwight that has a history of ruffling feathers of both members and staff. The word on the street is that Josh is a welcomed change.

My son aged out this year. He said both the Emmerts changed the way they try to motivate the members a couple of years ago. Way less yelling. Dwight changed after reading a book on best practices to motivate groups. He thought the brothers were cool.

• Like 1

http://bluecoats.com/news_detail.asp?news_id=361

"The Bluecoats are proud to announce the addition of Mike Fanning and Shavon Garcia Stack to the corps’ instructional leadership team. Fanning will serve as Visual Caption Head, and Garcia Stack as Guard Caption Head."

"The Bluecoats are proud to announce the addition of Vince Oliver to the corps’ design team. Vince will serve as the Electronics Designer."

Other names in the press release are all returning staff.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

Is the above announcement for Bluecoats a big change? I know they have had some issues with lower guard scores--will thiss change any of the leadership in that area?

Yes.

• Like 1