Crown's single most brilliant move

IMHO, when they posted 16 characters on Twitter / Facebook - #standupforcrown. Of course they worked hard, had a great show all year, etc. But the additional crowd reaction created by the effective use of social media to increase the crowd response pushed their GE score up a notch or two and secured the victory.

To whomever decided to post #standupforcrown on Crown's Facebook/Twitter - brilliant.

• Like 1

If you want to talk about a good competitive strategy also, I think doing the early West Coast tour made all the difference. Directly comparing yourself to BD early on was very wise (yet expensive) strategy.

And that's probably going to be the way to go for the next several years.

I don't think they needed a hashtag to get the audience up.

Of course not, I just think it was a great way to turn it up a notch and it didn't cost a single dime. A social media rally cry, if you will. Previously I was most impressed with Surf's thunder stick gimmick. #standupforcrown wins with simplicity, instant delivery and cost effectiveness.

#Ilikewaffles

• Like 2

Having fun with themselves by utilizing #purplepantsband as a popular Internet thing and putting it on countless t-shirts didn't hurt, either, in getting the audience "up." After years of corps running away from the "band" moniker, and embracing the fact that their pants were indeed purple, I think this brought a smile to the faces of many folks.

• Like 8

Funny, I would have said it was the rotating prism in the closer drill.

• Like 6