DCI Finals Week 2013

Great review. Thanks for giving your honest appraisal of all the corps.

Just an observation of mine if you take all of the corps that Didn'tmake finals and put them together as group, was this the strongest year ever?...I think so. There were some great performances out there and I hope they all progress accordingly particuarley Pacific Crest. I felt they made the biggest leap this year and I really wish them luck for next year.

Hmmm. Good question, Bucbari. It would rank ok, but not at the top, in my opinion. I think we have had stronger groups 13-22 in other years though, especially 13-17. My equation their includes entertainment quotient (which is my personla, subjective opinion) and not just excellence in execution. I found a lot of groups from 7th-20th were good but not great. I'd have to put more thought into your questoin than I have time to right now, though to give you specific years I thought were stronger & why... If I throw out effectiveness & entertainment, then this year might indeed rank towards the top across all World Class Corps. Just my 2 cents.

Harvey

Another excellent review. Thanks for posting it!

Wow... that is an absolutely outstanding review.

Great stuff, and thank you sharing your thoughts!!!