2014 DCI World Champion

124 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to guess, will Blue Devils or another corps win in 2014?

• Blue Devils
    • Another Corps

Bluecoats.

I was rooting for Crown this year but secretly wanted SCV to make a miracle happen and win it all (I know it wasnt going to happen). I have absolutely loved SCV the last 2 years and hope they can add a few cards to their hand and win.

Also... Id love to see Bloo up there.

Edited by skeptic

I'm just plain old voting for my home team on this one. But honestly, way too early to tell. We don't even know what the shows are.

I voted for a corps other than BD. It's a numbers game, people. Blue Devils have a losing record at DCI finals, having won only 15 championships in DCI's 42 years. That's only about 36%, or 0.357. That means that, historically, other corps have beaten BD about 64% of the time. BD sucks. Someone else is going to win.

:devil:

• Like 5

I voted for a corps other than BD. It's a numbers game, people. Blue Devils have a losing record at DCI finals, having won only 15 championships in DCI's 42 years. That's only about 36%, or 0.357. That means that, historically, other corps have beaten BD about 64% of the time. BD sucks. Someone else is going to win.

devil.gif

Haha hilarious yet subtle sarcasm.

I'll go with the Magic Johnson strategy of what will happen.

"Score more points, gonna win".

Crown or SCV will take it. I feel a lot of the local California talent that hasn't marched and wants to join this year will pick SCV over BD - I know I would. Performing for crowds who love you is something I'd take over a ring... then throw into that mix the fact that SCV is probably going to be fighting for a ring this coming season, it's win/win.

If i'm in the middle of the country and have to travel far for a good corps, I would absolutely choose Crown over BD.

I know I'm just one person, but I'm sure there are others out there who wouldn't want to be part of a corps who is hated by most the fanbase when right next door is the crowd favorite who's knocking on the door to medal contention.

• Like 2

I know I'm just one person, but I'm sure there are others out there who wouldn't want to be part of a corps who is hated by most the fanbase when right next door is the crowd favorite who's knocking on the door to medal contention.

I think you'd be shocked at just how many kids would kill to try out and make Devils. Seriously, even on the East Coast. Crown's success hasn't affect BD's recruiting at all.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

I don't think I'd be shocked, Blue Devils were my favorite corps up until the mid 2000's. I'm a big brass guy, so they were the reason I fell in love with DCI and the reason I marched! Lets not forget that if you're only in it for a medal, BD is the safest bet... I just don't think I'd be shocked if people would choose SCV over BD this coming year since they're clearly ready to put up a fight for a medal.