Recommend shows that have never been done!

LOVE to see a top 4 Corps do Star Wars!!!!!! Imagine Crown, Cadets, BD or SCV doing the Empire March! EPIC!

I get the rights would be hard to secure but...since Disney owns the rights now, and Disney likes DCI...

Madison did it in 1978 to win 4th place... - so does that count as top 4?

Berlioz: Requiem (especially the 2nd Mvt.) http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wuW2z1fOiQc

Surprised no one has mentioned the annual request for Carmina Burana.

For those corps interested in musicals, my annual request of Scarlet Pimpernel, or Children of Eden (Christian corps?) with opportunities for many props.

Carmina Burana??? I would like to think that most on here would have better taste than that. Don't get me wrong --- it's always been a favorite of mine. But as I once read from one reviewer regarding the piece..."If a gland could write music, that's what it would write."

With so many dark shows being performed I would love to see someone lighten it up a bit. My suggestion is to use Gilbert and Sullivan's The MIkado, but spice it up with The Hot Mikado. The music is so much fun and I think the right visual design team could use the ancient Japanese theme to create a great show. The music of Gilbert and Sullivan has been overlooked by Drum Corps long enough.

Edited by bluesman

Friendly warning, I'm about to go full otaku

http://en.wikipedia....e_Bamboo_Cutter

This story on the field, please. thumbup.gif/> There's about four interesting sources that could produce some interesting music on the marching field listed at the bottom, the Robert Moran opera, the contemporary ballet, the upcoming Studio Ghibli film based on it, and the Touhou Project series of independent games. (That series and its music I can get more on later as to why I think its a perfect fit for drum corps.) I've really thought about making my own individual production of it in the spirit of drum corps since I don't imagine many groups would be willing to take on the story in the way I'd like it presented, but I don't have the resources to quite make that happen. thumbdown.gif/>

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RLoyIZMF7XM

Only thing I could find from Moran's opera, a string quartet excerpt. Sounds nice, maybe not the most memorable thing in the world.

]

Snippet of the ballet, probably not the best place for music, but a good place to look for ideas on choreography.

Title screen of Imperishable Night, a game loosely based on the story. Brings some interesting atmospheric quality and time signatures to it (11/4, 6/5+5/4, or 3/4+3/4+3/4+2/4, whichever way you might want to divi it up.) That same pattern is also simple enough to break up even further by changing how many of those 3/4 patterns are in, creating an even 8 beats or even 5 beats. Also has a remix later in the game that I think could create an interesting and fairly long drum break a la 160 bpm from Angel and Demons.

Of course, all those examples failing, just about any music about the moon would be pretty relevant if you ask me, though personally I'm especially in love with the idea of seeing The New Moon in the Old Moon's Arms utilized for it, regardless of the comparisons I'm sure it would end up drawing to Phantom's 2010 program huh2.gif/>