APDs

I can't seem to find anything on purchasing Audio Performance Downloads from Indy. Anyone have any word on this?

Thanks

I can't seem to find anything on purchasing Audio Performance Downloads from Indy. Anyone have any word on this?

Thanks

Usually takes them several days. They have audio input from about 10 different mikes and they usually remix them to make them sound better than the live stream/VODs do. (Then they remix and improve them further for the CDs.) We also used to have a DCI insider who would post on here to let us know when, but that person has moved on, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Yeah, they might be out this week. I would imagine it's been just a little busy in Indy the last couple days. :tongue:

That said, if you are at all hesitant about picking up the Prelims APDs, I highly recommend it. This may be the only way to get unedited recordings of all of the corps.

Yeah, they might be out this week. I would imagine it's been just a little busy in Indy the last couple days. :tongue:/>

That said, if you are at all hesitant about picking up the Prelims APDs, I highly recommend it. This may be the only way to get unedited recordings of all of the corps.

Yes. Yes. Yes. All the shows that have been edited due to licensing stuff, I got before they were edited by getting them in the days after they came out.

Yes. Yes. Yes. All the shows that have been edited due to licensing stuff, I got before they were edited by getting them in the days after they came out.

Exactly. I have purchased the QF APD bundle on release day the past two years for precisely this reason.

This may be the only way to get unedited recordings of all of the corps.

Yes, this.

As an example, I love my recordings of Madison's Empire State of Mind and the entire drum intro to Crown's Rach Star show. If you wait you never know what may fall off the final edit.

Edited by Super Don-O

The mix is very quiet and pit heavy. But still nice to have!

Sigh. In years past, drumcat specifically placed the mics BEHIND the speakers, so that the QF APDs would be very lite on the amps. For example, you can barely hear the narration in BD last year. You can still hear it of course, so the essence of the show is there, but the meat is brass and drums.

I purchased the bundle, but it seemed to be missing Boston Crusaders, Blue Devils, and the Academy. Did anyone else have this problem?