APDs

I purchased the bundle, but it seemed to be missing Boston Crusaders, Blue Devils, and the Academy. Did anyone else have this problem?

Wouldn't it be awful if you based your entire show on one piece of music, only to have the licensing fall through?

Could you imagine watching Blue Devils this year with that "Music track removed due..." caption for the entire show?

Ugh!

Yeah, the sound is pretty quiet, but I just go into iTunes and turn it up by 50%. The amplification is pretty loud, and it goes in and out in Crown's show for parts of the narration.

Otherwise, they sound pretty good.

Mine had everything. Are the corps names still listed in the bundle contents on the fan network?

They're not listed in the bundle, but they're available for individual purchase.

Listening to BD via APD is having me love the show more and more everytime I listen to it. Brilliant arranging and execution. May go up there for me with BD 1986, 1988,1991,1993 and 2004

• Like 2

Oddly enough, it does look like those groups have been removed from the bundle but they still appear to be available for individual purchase.

Why would that be? I wanted ALL the corps. Why would three not be available in the bundle, yet available individually?

And yet another question:

As far as championship week is concerned, APDs appear to be available for prelims (aka quarterfinals) only. No APDs for semifinals or finals.

If a corps gave its best performance of the year on Friday or Saturday, how does a DCI fan obtain an audio-only file of either of those performances? Does DCI even make them available?

I mean, the crowd response for Crown on Saturday was massive. I want to buy that audio recording, not their Thursday run. Mandarins had their best show ever on Friday. I want that audio recording, not their Thursday run. Troopers nearly crashed the finals party with their electric performance on Friday. I want to buy that audio recording, not their Thursday run.

And, since every semifinal and final performance was recorded anyway, what is the marketing logic behind giving consumers less choice rather than more?

And yet another question:

As far as championship week is concerned, APDs appear to be available for prelims (aka quarterfinals) only. No APDs for semifinals or finals.

If a corps gave its best performance of the year on Friday or Saturday, how does a DCI fan obtain an audio-only file of either of those performances? Does DCI even make them available?

I mean, the crowd response for Crown on Saturday was massive. I want to buy that audio recording, not their Thursday run. Mandarins had their best show ever on Friday. I want that audio recording, not their Thursday run. Troopers nearly crashed the finals party with their electric performance on Friday. I want to buy that audio recording, not their Thursday run.

And, since every semifinal and final performance was recorded anyway, what is the marketing logic behind giving consumers less choice rather than more?

Finals are released on CDs in November. That's their strategy.