APDs

Why would Boston Crusaders, Blue Devils and The Academy be missing from the bundle?

And yet another question:

As far as championship week is concerned, APDs appear to be available for prelims (aka quarterfinals) only. No APDs for semifinals or finals.

If a corps gave its best performance of the year on Friday or Saturday, how does a DCI fan obtain an audio-only file of either of those performances? Does DCI even make them available?

I mean, the crowd response for Crown on Saturday was massive. I want to buy that audio recording, not their Thursday run. Mandarins had their best show ever on Friday. I want that audio recording, not their Thursday run. Troopers nearly crashed the finals party with their electric performance on Friday. I want to buy that audio recording, not their Thursday run.

And, since every semifinal and final performance was recorded anyway, what is the marketing logic behind giving consumers less choice rather than more?

As CrownPhan mentioned, the CDs come out in November. Non-finalists generally have their semifinals performance on the disk, while the Finalists have the Saturday gig. Edit: Same goes with the DVDs (but not the Blu-Ray, those are Finals only)

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

The CDs also contain the best possible stereo mix of the recordings. Versus the APDs which are pretty much just straight off the live mix. They have a lot of mikes covering several different points in the stadium, so they can do a lot with the recording to make it sound as good as possible for the CD, which is definitely worth getting.

Just bought the bundle... should have read this thread first. thumbdown.gif Any way I can get my $25 back?

Edited by UP Drumline

Why would Boston Crusaders, Blue Devils and The Academy be missing from the bundle?

The answer is on the 2013 media preorder page on the dci store. The Blue Devils show is not available to international buyers due to copyright restrictions. A portion of BAC's and Academy's shows have to be removed due to copyright restrictions.

The answer is on the 2013 media preorder page on the dci store. The Blue Devils show is not available to international buyers due to copyright restrictions. A portion of BAC's and Academy's shows have to be removed due to copyright restrictions.

Exactly the reason I like to buy them on the day they are released. Get to them before stuff starts getting pulled out.

• Like 1

Exactly the reason I like to buy them on the day they are released. Get to them before stuff starts getting pulled out.

Yep.

On the flip side though. the shows are still available individually. Why not just put the edited versions back into the bundle for anyone who buys now and then create a 2nd bundle minus BD for international customers.

On the flip side though. the shows are still available individually. Why not just put the edited versions back into the bundle for anyone who buys now and then create a 2nd bundle minus BD for international customers.

I see the other two notifications about portions of shows cut from the recordings, but I don't see the part about BD.