APDs

I see the other two notifications about portions of shows cut from the recordings, but I don't see the part about BD.

if you go to pre-order the cds or dvds, it should be listed under the description. They have a special "international" top 12 dvd that excludes BD while people in the USA can order the Blu ray or the regular DVD.

if you go to pre-order the cds or dvds, it should be listed under the description. They have a special "international" top 12 dvd that excludes BD while people in the USA can order the Blu ray or the regular DVD.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Up to now we had different levels of media rights - now we are affected by location rights?

Does anyone know if "International" means Canada? (It might seem like a stupid question but I've seen examples in the past where it means outside of North America).

What are the cuts in Academy and BAC?

What are the cuts in Academy and BAC?

According to the DCI preorder site.

For Boston it was 25 seconds of poetry.

Academy lost 8 seconds of prerecorded music.

Depending on if you get more than the top 12, Genesis also lost 30 seconds of prerecorded sound clips.

What in the world in BD's show necessitates cutting? They didn't use any voice samples this year, did they? The wolf howl? Weird.

I would assume "Rite of Spring" itself. According to US copyright law, Rite of Spring is public domain because it was published before 1923. However, in Europe, it's still under copyright. Until 2056 it would seem (85 years after Stravinsky's death) if I'm understanding the rules correctly. So BD would need to get the appropriate permissions to arrange, record, and sync the music from whoever owns them at present in order to sell the product in countries that respect European copyright laws.

Edited by skywhopper

According to the DCI preorder site.

For Boston it was 25 seconds of poetry.

Academy lost 8 seconds of prerecorded music.

Depending on if you get more than the top 12, Genesis also lost 30 seconds of prerecorded sound clips.

:thumbdown:

Do we have any idea if this is the final list or is it just what they have figured out so far? Specifically, did Crown get all the appropriate rights to use not just Philip Glass's music but the poetry of Christopher Knowles and Samuel M Johnson?

:thumbdown:/>

Do we have any idea if this is the final list or is it just what they have figured out so far? Specifically, did Crown get all the appropriate rights to use not just Philip Glass's music but the poetry of Christopher Knowles and Samuel M Johnson?

I got those off the various options available in the audio/video pre-order site thanks to gbass598.

I'd like to know how long they knew about the Blue Devils situation........

I got those off the various options available in the audio/video pre-order site thanks to gbass598.

I'd like to know how long they knew about the Blue Devils situation........

Considering that Academy did "Left of Spring" last year and this apparently wasn't an issue, I'm guessing it was relatively unexpected for this season.