What it's all about!

As a public school band director, I can only say this...

I'll be showing these pictures -- yes, all of them -- to my kids when we get back in September. And the message will be...

"THIS is how you treat competition...THIS is how you treat your "competitors"...on the field (or stage) is one thing...but once you are done, and they are done...you are all one unit. Kids who will knock themselves out to do their very best...and knowing all the while that others are doing the same. Honor, class, and pride. Show it...and you shall receive the same in return."

But I guess I'm just a dinosaur...

....but a pretty #### smart dinosaur! :tongue:/>

Your kids are fortunate to have you as their director.

Great to see so many kids get together to congratulate each other. I know the same thing happened in Open Class when SCVC beat BDB. Both corps got together and hugged and congratulated each other. I know through the TOC and stuff, a lot of these kids get to know each other, so they build friendships that transcend the competitive field.

Top marks to both organizations :thumbup:/>/>

Actually that didn't happen. The BDB staff pulled the kids off the field immediately and took them back to their busses.

Edited by MarimbaManiac

It would be great if both corps could combine to make one big corps, the level of entertainment, sound, precision, and quality would truly be mind blowing! I know there at opposite coasts, and that large a number marching on the field would be rather crowded and dangerous, meaning I don't think they could do as many neat drill forms and the possibilities of colliding with other members. It's still neat to think about though. This was my first finals and was blown away by the level of camaraderie between all corps. I took my dad with me and he was rather shocked that the two corps was getting along so well.I told him though they compete with each other at almost every other event throughout the US, it gives the corps' members time to get to know each other and make friends. How could they not, they have so many things in common. Talent, abilities, drive, professionalism, and love of music and pushing themselves to further their field of understanding one of the greatest activities there is.

Actually that didn't happen. The BDB staff pulled the kids off the field immediately and took them back to their busses.

Interesting. I'll have to go look back through the pictures from that night, because I remember the members congratulating each other.

very nice, but I meant a show with drill formations, not just standing and like the finale.

As a public school band director, I can only say this...

I'll be showing these pictures -- yes, all of them -- to my kids when we get back in September. And the message will be...

"THIS is how you treat competition...THIS is how you treat your "competitors"...on the field (or stage) is one thing...but once you are done, and they are done...you are all one unit. Kids who will knock themselves out to do their very best...and knowing all the while that others are doing the same. Honor, class, and pride. Show it...and you shall receive the same in return."

But I guess I'm just a dinosaur...

Please, I hope you do teach this to your kids.