Drum judges

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/92395-dcp-media-link-policy/

In light of the fact that DCI, DCA, and many of their member corps have embraced YouTube as a resource for making video content available to the general public - we are amending our policy regarding links to YouTube videos of drum corps. Effective immediately, links to YouTube.com will be permitted for drum corps content.

DrumCorpsPlanet.com will continue to prohibit links to all other sites in-accordance with our long-standing policy on links to copyrighted materials.

I'm guessing judges' tapes are technically copyrighted materials, unfortunately.

http://www.drumcorps...ia-link-policy/

I'm guessing judges' tapes are technically copyrighted materials, unfortunately.

oops. the links have only been going haywire on Facebook

The drummers count out loud much more than I realized--I'd only heard the occasional "dutting", but they count a good deal more. For that matter, the drum judge at some points is pretty darn loud himself! And yet I've never heard a field judge from the stands.

The drummers count out loud much more than I realized--I'd only heard the occasional "dutting", but they count a good deal more. For that matter, the drum judge at some points is pretty darn loud himself! And yet I've never heard a field judge from the stands.

The over-the-top counting, e.g. "ONE-two-three-four TWO-two-three-four THREE-two-three-four DUT-DUT-DUT-DUT" is a Cadets thing. Personally, I think it's unnecessary, but then again I didn't march in a Sanford-winning line, either.

Re: judge being loud, keep in mind the mic of the recorder is about 1 inch from his mouth.

The judge also tends to be yelling only in order to be heard at all when the music is really loud. You end up with some really comical moments on tapes where a judge starts a sentence yelling and has to end it whispering because the corps ended a big hit in the middle of the judge's thought.

The over-the-top counting, e.g. "ONE-two-three-four TWO-two-three-four THREE-two-three-four DUT-DUT-DUT-DUT" is a Cadets thing. Personally, I think it's unnecessary, but then again I didn't march in a Sanford-winning line, either.

Re: judge being loud, keep in mind the mic of the recorder is about 1 inch from his mouth.

counting or dhutting is far more than a Cadets thing. They just tend to be a little louder.

and yeah you do get loud so you can be heard. it can be loud out there around you

counting or dhutting is far more than a Cadets thing.

Watch any Cadets lot video from the past 5 years, then compare it to the rest of the top 12. Cadets definitely have their own thing.

Everybody duts, not every line counts through every tacet in unison.