West Coast Visitor

Scouts did a West Coast Tour in 1998 but I don't recall if they've been back out there other than the 04 Tour of Champions and 07 Finals.

I think it would be really cool for Cavies to go out west, but I'd like to see them back on their A game before going. Cavies vs. SCV and some of their old friends Fiedler and Weber.

I've got an idea. Maybe a western corps(BD SCV BK or Troopers) could do an Eastern tour. That would really be a nice change.

I've got an idea. Maybe a western corps(BD SCV BK or Troopers) could do an Eastern tour. That would really be a nice change.

Yeah....No. The East Coast gets Finals caliber corps every season, and you get all of them. We get the exact same four or five corps every year, with June quality shows. Maybe we'll get lucky out here and have A corps from the Midwest or East come out here. Maybe. People on the East Coast don't know how lucky they are getting every corps, every year.

• Like 2

Maybe Cavaliers or Scouts do a WC tour? Bluecoats maybe?

Bluecoats came out West in 2009 I'm pretty sure. Scouts and Cavies probably came out last when Finals were here, and the TOC before that.

Just means other corps need to start heading out West. Since they're competing against BD, who is generally the most consistent corps out of the gate, it means that corps have to work that much harder at the beginning, and get exposed to a higher level of competition.

realizing that the OP said top 8 and that at present they are not in that category, it is interesting that the Crossmen have not made a Calif. swing since they moved nearer in Texas, Understanding that they travel principally to the East and their Philadelphia roots and alumni, it might be a bold move for them and for Academy as well. Has either corps even done DATR???

realizing that the OP said top 8 and that at present they are not in that category, it is interesting that the Crossmen have not made a Calif. swing since they moved nearer in Texas, Understanding that they travel principally to the East and their Philadelphia roots and alumni, it might be a bold move for them and for Academy as well. Has either corps even done DATR???

Academy was just at DATR last month.

Technically, the Texas-based Crossmen did a Western swing in 2007, but not since then. That was also their most recent of 7 DATR appearances.

Academy was just at DATR last month.

Technically, the Texas-based Crossmen did a Western swing in 2007, but not since then. That was also their most recent of 7 DATR appearances.

My bad on the Academy at Denver; I should have fact checked before posting. Thank you for the correction.

BUT

Didn't every World Class corps do some Cali contests in 2007 before Pasadena? Crossmen are due.

I wonder what the additional cost is for a corps from the east to travel out west. I would love to see it happen more often and with more corps to change things up in the early part of the season.

At the beginning of the 2013 tour, Crown's director, Jim Coates, said that this tour is costing about $30K more than other years. Source: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=b55b2b75-fc27-4ce4-bc13-34d127794aa5

I'm sure BD and SCV travel budgets from most any year would tell how much it costs. I'm sure travel costs are similar whether traveling east to west or west to east.

Early Season Visitors to the West Coast:

2013 Carolina Crown

2012 Phantom Regiment & Boston Crusaders

2011 Cadets & Phantom Regiment

2010 Blue Knights & Troopers

2009 Bluecoats & Blue Knights

2008 Phantom Regiment

2007 (Finals in Pasadena)

We love seeing corps from back East out here in June. Keep 'em coming.

Doesn't BK do the northwest tour basically every year? Maybe by "West Coast" you mean "California"?

Anyhow, from the list above, I'd say we're due for a visit from Cavaliers or Bluecoats next year.