What's the furthest a DCI Champ fell after winning?

Nice post, but not really. "Crown 2014"... was that necessary?

Anyway, your answer: Phantom Regiment 2009.

• Like 4

Phantom 2009 went from 1st to 9th in one year. Not a poorly performed show, just bad from a design standpoint.

Phantom went from 1st in 2008 to 9th in 2009

Phantom Regiment - 1st in '08 to 9th in '09

Phantom 2009 went from 1st to 9th in one year. Not a poorly performed show, just bad from a design standpoint.

Phantom 2009 is a very musically under-appreciated show, IMO. No question, the show was a visual disaster. Musically, everything but the middle section is quite solid. The Philip Wilby "Paganini Variations" is a great piece. The show gets regular play on my iPod, but I rarely watch it.

• Like 4

I liked that show! I actually went and watched Regiment rehearse in Lafayette LA on a rehearsal day that year. Very hummable show.

Phantom 2009 is a very musically under-appreciated show, IMO. No question, the show was a visual disaster. Musically, everything but the middle section is quite solid. The Philip Wilby "Paganini Variations" is a great piece. The show gets regular play on my iPod, but I rarely watch it.

Yes, good musical show. I really liked it, but it was just not visually well designed. My corps had a housing site a day after Phantom did, after they had re-written most of their drill. That field was a disaster of spray painted lines and pathways, but surprisingly no sidelines or hashes. It was crazy looking, especially for a corps on the dot system.