Worst disaster on a DCI field?

So positive! We're on a roll today

• Like 5

Mandarins in 2000 I think it was had just finished a song and one of the guard girls tube top was down exposing her breasts. She stayed that way for a good 8-10 seconds until the drum major started counting off for the next number.

• Like 3

Mandarins in 2000 I think it was had just finished a song and one of the guard girls tube top was down exposing her breasts. She stayed that way for a good 8-10 seconds until the drum major started counting off for the next number.

Now THAT'S proper bearing (or baring, I guess...).

Carolina Crown 2010 Finals.

• Like 5

OP's been here a week and he's already over 60 negatives in the hole. That's an impressive start. He's got a ways to go to overtake DCP's biggest trolls, but you have to admire someone with ambition.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 8

I remember, back in 1984.....can't remember where - think it was Whitewater, the Cadets were unwinding some big symetrical pattern at 1 step intervals (maybe it was supposed to be two) but it was tight. I remember this like it was yesterday and slow motion - I saw a soprano player step on a contra bass players toe during a fast backup and the dominos began. It was horrible. They all just fell over one another. Has there been any big time disasters on the field?

I was told of this story multiple by SCV alumni who saw it live. According to them it was a freak injury that happened that started it all.

Runs off to youtube to see if it's there.

:w00t:

• Like 1

2010 Crown player snaps leg running to closing dot in show.

Sidelines attendant is injured trying to help him off the field.

The worst.

Worst thing is that it was on the video for awhile before they edited it. Ryan is a cool guy, he aged-out in 2012 on the podium because of issues with the leg. That's a terrible way to end a Finals show, a guard member and judge also helped get him off of the field, you can see the guard member with the staff as the camera pans the stands at the end of the show. Also wasn't the last dot, it was right before the company front in Mahler 2. He hit the front, and collapsed.

That has to be the worst thing ever on a DCI field.

DCA must be the member of Kilties who had a heart attack on the field one year, can't remember which one.

Edited by fsubone