Rebate email from DCI

text of said email as I just got it as well. While late, I can't fault their actions or statements.

[/url]

Delivering a World Class Experience was our goal. Obviously, we fell short.

Dear Friend:

I want to personally thank you for joining us online for the first-ever live stream of the Drum Corps International World Championships Finals. We were very proud and excited to be able to offer the first real-time coverage of the event since our 2001 PBS broadcast.

Although the plan to deliver the experience online included all the necessary industry standards, the end result was that we did not present a viewing experience for the entire broadcast at a level worthy of the absolutely remarkable performances taking place in Lucas Oil Stadium last Saturday night.

Although my apology to you can in no way turn back the clock to eliminate the frustration we all felt during show time, you need to know that your support of DCI and its member corps is not something we take for granted. Please accept our gratitude for purchasing the live stream and please accept our sincere apology for not delivering a flawless experience.

The new technology service we had in place Saturday night did not meet our expectations. Despite our best efforts to plan and anticipate, the response by subscribers was overwhelming. But there is good news in all of this.

First, in addition to keeping the DVR functionality in place through Friday to enable your continued enjoyment of the entire Saturday evening event, we'd like to offer each of those who had a less than acceptable experience to receive a rebate toward the fee they paid to view the World Championships Finals. Simply click on this link to complete our online form and we will process a rebate of $20 directly to your method of payment. (Rebate offer will be valid through Thursday, Aug. 22.)

Secondly, you need to know that the business mandate you've given us is clear: Do whatever it takes to vastly improve the quality of our live streaming events. We intend to do just that. In the months ahead, we will share our plans to ensure that live performances are more widely available to fans around the world on a greater variety of platforms and are able to harness more of the incredible technology available today.

Our intention is to set a new standard for bringing you these performances and to ensure that the commitment, dedication, talent and skill of our performers is able to be shared with the world flawlessly and in the best possible light. We are confident that with your continued support, we will be able to do just that. We appreciate your patience and we again share our gratitude for your loyalty.

If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns, please share them as we continue to work to improve. Thanks again for your support of Drum Corps International and its member organizations. It's an exciting time for all of us at DCI, and we're very glad that you're a part of it.

Warmest regards,

Daniel E. Acheson

Executive Director and CEO

Drum Corps International

Marching Music's Major Leagueâ„¢

The offer and communication really show that DCI is doing a great job of listening.

That being said, I was very surprised to get that email! Surprised because the stream for me was an enormous success! I connected very easily and even ran it from my tablet into the 70" flat screen. There was one or two little hick ups in during SCVC, but nothing that took away from the enjoyment. After that there was one very minor blip during Madison Scouts. Other than that, smooth sailing!

I wonder how many of these reported issues were due to individuals own computers, Wi-Fi connections, or equipment were more to blame than DCI because again, my experience was first rate! Bravo to DCI!

• Like 3

The offer and communication really show that DCI is doing a great job of listening.

That being said, I was very surprised to get that email! Surprised because the stream for me was an enormous success! I connected very easily and even ran it from my tablet into the 70" flat screen. There was one or two little hick ups in during SCVC, but nothing that took away from the enjoyment. After that there was one very minor blip during Madison Scouts. Other than that, smooth sailing!

I wonder how many of these reported issues were due to individuals own computers, Wi-Fi connections, or equipment were more to blame than DCI because again, my experience was first rate! Bravo to DCI!

given the volume of complaints, I do not think it can all be boiled back to the end users computers. many of us ran the tests, did the reboot using dvr to go backwards etc....and still had issues.

I applaud DCI for this step.

Definitely not just on the user end. DCI admitted they had problems with the provider. It ended up smoothing out for me, but I missed the first two corps.

I also got the email. It's a good response by Dan & DCI. Personally, I'm not going to collect the rebate - I felt what I received was acceptable for the cost, and was basically flawless for the last 7 corps.

What I'm really curious about is how many people bought the finals stream. Dan says "Despite our best efforts to plan and anticipate, the response by subscribers was overwhelming". I'd love to know whether that means "a huge number of people subscribed and overwhelmed our systems" or "the number of people #####ing was overwhelming".

• Like 1