Glassmen News?

I won't point any fingers since I wasn't around but based on what I've been told by people who were around, I think everyone is to blame for letting the debt rack up without doing anything about it for a few years. All of the corps management is responsible, not one individual person. Nobody was doing anything to try and stop it and ignored the elephant in the room.

Edited by gbass598
  • Like 1

Didn't the Glassmen just have a Golf fundraiser the other day? So, I guess they're trying to do something to improve there current financial status. Or did anyone out there even paid attention to them having a Golf fundraiser before everyone on DCP started putting them down!!!

Don't quote me but I think I saw it raised under $2,000.

Ok income for a high school band program but not going to cut it when you owe what they owe.

Don't quote me but I think I saw it raised under $2,000.

OK income for a high school band program, but not going to cut it when you owe what they owe.

Yes: $1,657 according to their Facebook page.

(Meanwhile, the Glassmen website appears not to have been updated for several months.)

I knew one year b4 our 50th how bad the money issue was. The bod was nothing more then a rubber stamp for Brian. He had complete 100% control. It's crazy that the same bod members who allowed this to happen are still in power. They have to go and allow the alum to step up to the plate.like they did in 1978.it seems nothing is going to change unless this happens

I was convinced that the 50th was going to be the year that they were going to reconnect with the alumni...the 50th show and the lack of engagement with the alumni proved me wrong.the same people who stuck it up where the sun does not shine yesterday are still in power today doing the same thing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In another thread, there is passing reference to the corps' Facebook page. There one can read two announcements dated Nov. 20:

We're still getting a few inquiries about positions and auditions for 2014. While we are thankful for the continued interest, we must state for the record that the Glassmen are not holding auditions and do not plan to field a corps in 2014.

The Glassmen archives and memorabilia are a very important part of our Glassmen history and heritage. Since the environment in G-West is very unforgiving while the building sits empty, the paper documents, pictures, and trophies are not weathering well. After some discussions with the Glassmen Alumni Association board, the Glassmen Board of Directors have voted to transfer the collection to the GAA so they can preserve and maintain the items.

These were the first announcements on that page since Oct. 1, and the first announcements that weren't about the Glassmen fall golf tournament since Aug. 7. Meanwhile their website says absolutely nothing. Even a volunteer board with no paid staff should be able to do better at public relations than that.