Glassmen News?

Daniel Ray,

I don't know why you quote these things under my name as I find them posted previously under FSUbone's signature. I know you and I agree on very little about the drum corps activity but I don't know why you are seem to be messing with my posts. I have asked the moderators to investigate and my lawyers to monitor. If it is not you, be aware that someone is messing and should be put on notice.

Drill tech1

What on earth are you talking about? I have no idea who you are and have never even replied to you before (use the search feature on the site).

• Like 1

the DCP postings were only one aspect. Business posts elsewhere, reputation in community with other postings, and other personal matters also suffered with some strange citations from DCP in other places. If you need to know more, I'll let the lawyers explain it to you.

That you were made to think I replied to others is but part of the problem.

I am off this thread.

Seriously man, I have no idea who you are. I think you are quite confused.

• Like 3

I read what he has said differently from the way you read it and some of the others have read it.

If he says he had not posted what was said, that's a matter of concern.

If he is experiencing similar things in other aspects of his life on the computer, that's a concern.

It's not necessarily ineptitude with cut and paste quotes, if he didn't orginate the post.

FWIW he said this:

Let it be known by all that only the last sentence of the above post did I author. I don't know who is hacking DCP to use my name and say things I did not say. I have asked the moderators to investigate and my lawyers to monitor.Drilltech 1

I guess myself and others read that as "I posted the last line and all of the other stuff (other people who posted before he replied) was not mine.

Maybe he did mess something up with posting & that coincidence is added to other frustrations. Maybe someone happened to hack his post (without it saying it was edited), cut/pasted other people's replies above his own reply. Who knows. I think myself and others are trying to help the OP out by pointing out that perhaps there are non-sinister reasons for at least some of his frustrations.

REGARDLESS, perhaps mods can delete all of this nutty stuff that has zero relevance to the topic of Glassmen & their financial issues

edit - yes, I know right after this I replied to an unrelated post w/another unrelated post. \Oh, internet: just when I think I'm out (of off topic convo) you pull me back in

(if you imagine that being said ala Silvio from SOPRANOS mimicking Michael from GODFATHER Part 3 it might be more amusing)

Edited by perc2100

the DCP postings were only one aspect. Business posts elsewhere, reputation in community with other postings, and other personal matters also suffered with some strange citations from DCP in other places. If you need to know more, I'll let the lawyers explain it to you.

That you were made to think I replied to others is but part of the problem.

I am off this thread.

So you are threatening legal action over internet message board stuff? Is that what you mean by 'community' (DCP?) reputation?

I can probably save you whatever legal fees you might sink into a consultation: delete your DCP post and turn of the computer, or at least refrain from posting on internet forums. If you're worried that real-world reputations or business matters are suffering because of DCP posts the best thing would likely be to delete your DCP account and just not participate.

• Like 2

Perhaps the Glassmen might consider the DCA avenue, for a while? Having watched the awesome shows that The Bucs and Brass put on; there is no reason why the Glassmen couldn't do well there. The Bucs and Brass, both, had DCI caliber shows and with the way DCA corps schedule, going this route might be a positive in regards to keeping fresh and competitive with modern shows while, also, keeping the membership up (possibibly allowing for some the corps alumni to jump back into the groove).

Edited by shortn'sour
  • Like 4

So you are threatening legal action over internet message board stuff? Is that what you mean by 'community' (DCP?) reputation?

I can probably save you whatever legal fees you might sink into a consultation: delete your DCP post and turn of the computer, or at least refrain from posting on internet forums. If you're worried that real-world reputations or business matters are suffering because of DCP posts the best thing would likely be to delete your DCP account and just not participate.

No idea what this guy is talking about, but a couple of points worth mentioning...

Anyone who has ever actually engaged a lawyer would never suggest they would have them monitoring anything, let alone a web forum. How many hundreds of dollars an hour billed to hang out on DCP? Really?

Also, let's imagine there was any reason for concern and that it was a legitimate... you do not announce to someone that you have engaged lawyers, you engage lawyers, without warning and surprise them. Any warning is simply a tip off to prepare to counter. And anyone who refers to "my lawyers" is most often really referring to their cats.

People who actually do engage lawyers just quietly do so and for as few billable hours as possible. :-)

Again, no idea who that guy is and have never interacted with him... but.. some practical info (despite the annoying narrator)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XANHaUCjavY

Edited by danielray
  • Like 1

Perhaps the Glassmen might consider the DCA avenue, for a while? Having watched the awesome shows that The Bucs and Brass put on; there is no reason why the Glassmen couldn't do well there. The Bucs and Brass, both, had DCI caliber shows and with the way DCA corps schedule, going this route might be a positive in regards to keeping fresh and competitive with modern shows while, also, keeping the membership up (possibibly allowing for some the corps alumni to jump back into the groove).

That's probably not a bad idea. Not sure what kind of income that DCA corps can pull in, but it would be a way for them to get back on the field, and I'm sure there are lots of alums who would want to get involved to help. I know they did an alumni ensemble at their show this summer, I have a feeling they would want to do more. Is there a process out there though to go from DCA to DCI?