Scranton Show

I don't think Bucs should have won by over two points. Their hornline intonation was just awful....all show. Their color guard was outmatched by Cabs, night and day difference. I think the Cabs percussion was 4th? That's really hurting their score and they are dirty compared to other lines but a 2 point spread is not even close to what I saw and heard

A guard that can't stay in step cannot out match anyone. I was at the show - feet were bad. The video is right there. Total show concept, design and execution not so close - could really not be anymore blatant. The right group won by enough.

I agree 100% - some are claiming Bucs should not have won guard - I think they deserved it!! They should have been winning it all season. I have a simple criteria for winning guard - the guard has to be in step as well. Sorry - you have to have feet in time AND be in step. That is a buzz kill when backing up people are completely out of step.......all season. It's the white elephant on the field for many -

No the Bucs should not have won guard, the cabs guard not only out spins but out performs the bucs guard, The cabs show is much more sofisticated and also has better staging. The guard really does unravel as the show goes on and pours out emotion all the way through the performance. How is the Bucs guard Higher, Faster, Stronger? I have never gotten thier concept from a color guard standpoint. I am glad all you did was watch feet and ignore the rest of the show. But even if bucs guard had any members out of step how could you notice the flag line is parked in the back corners of the field the whole show. You obviously liek many have a bias when watching shows and is why the judges make these calls...and even they are wrong sometimes.....

• Like 3

Here's the thing: You're not going to find two more different approaches from these two east-coast style guards.

There is no question that Cabs' guard is staged for success as the primary visual focus of the corps most of the time. Bucs' guard isn't. It not always the visual focus...it's not even the visual focus most of the time. Neither approach is bad. Cab's approach does come with one inherent disadvantage though...each and every mistake is easy to see and in some cases amplified. Bucs have one advantage in the content area, and that's the interaction with the ladders, particularly in the ballad. It's masterful guard writing.

In Wildwood, Cabs guard was *clearly* better. Like as in night and day. Not so in Scranton. Cabs were outstanding, no question, but Bucs have caught up with them. If you're counting ticks, Cabs guard is better, but that's not how the system works.

I honestly thought the caption was a coin toss in Scranton.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 2

Here's the thing: You're not going to find two more different approaches from these two east-coast style guards.

There is no question that Cabs' guard is staged for success as the primary visual focus of the corps most of the time. Bucs' guard isn't. It not always the visual focus...it's not even the visual focus most of the time. Neither approach is bad. Cab's approach does come with one inherent disadvantage though...each and every mistake is easy to see and in some cases amplified. Bucs have one advantage in the content area, and that's the interaction with the ladders, particularly in the ballad. It's masterful guard writing.

In Wildwood, Cabs guard was *clearly* better. Like as in night and day. Not so in Scranton. Cabs were outstanding, no question, but Bucs have caught up with them. If you're counting ticks, Cabs guard is better, but that's not how the system works.

I honestly thought the caption was a coin toss in Scranton.

Yes i agree but the System does account for staging and performance which was not taken into consideration in scranton in my opinion from that judge....also the apprach is really not that different considering the writers especially for weapon at bucs are students of the designer for Cabs....the work is crafted along the same style and im my opinion Cabs does it better, they are spinning like a junior copr guard placed in an all age corp. I just dont agree with the work with the ladders seems like a cover so that most of the guard does not have to really spin anything. Again I am sure people dossagree with me, just my opinion and we will see what happens in Annapolis.

• Like 3

Do your research - who was a student of who?

Yes i agree but the System does account for staging and performance which was not taken into consideration in scranton in my opinion from that judge....also the apprach is really not that different considering the writers especially for weapon at bucs are students of the designer for Cabs....the work is crafted along the same style and im my opinion Cabs does it better, they are spinning like a junior copr guard placed in an all age corp. I just dont agree with the work with the ladders seems like a cover so that most of the guard does not have to really spin anything. Again I am sure people dossagree with me, just my opinion and we will see what happens in Annapolis.

guards ( like it or not ) in 2013 are NOT just about the spinning aspect........spin like a Jr. corps?.hmmmmmmm I not sure about that ..good for sure though

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 3

Yes i agree but the System does account for staging and performance which was not taken into consideration in scranton in my opinion from that judge....

C'mon. You have no idea how staging was taken into account. Unless, of course, you've heard both tapes. It's one thing to speculate, and I have no problem with disagreeing with a judge (I do it all the time), but we can't know for sure exactly what happened.

Either way, while I may have given the guard caption , I cam at least understand why he went the other way.

Edited by Kamarag

I think you misspelled your user name... let me correct that for you.

cabsguardfan*

fixed.

• Like 3

From my field-level perspective Saturday, Bucs' guard's performance was the best I've seen from them all season.

Cabs' guard is great... they add so much to the corps' show, not only with their equipment work and dance moves, but also their use of color and field coverage. But IMO, the Bucs' guard certainly made a run at them Saturday.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2